• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Plasma With + Red Polarized

dr1ver_eight

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
NC
I picked up a new Plasma frame from one of my friends and used a set of Jawbone lenses as the donor to make these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice cut job, that cant be easy! Brip, we think alike, I had these done a few months ago. The guy who cut my lenses even left the word polarized down there if you look close.
Juliet_pol_redpol.jpg

Attachments

• Juliet_pol_redpol.jpg
    Juliet_pol_redpol.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 308
  • Juliet_pol_redpol.jpg
    Juliet_pol_redpol.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 297
Thanks for the complements. I did cut a little too close in the top left corner of the left lens...even masking tape has a hard time sticking to a hydrophobic lens. Lots of time people don't see it until I point it out to them, but I know its there, so it burns me up. I saw a powerpoint on the O-Review that shows you how to cut them. I would advise buying some cheapo lenses to practice on first.

Thanks for the complements. I did cut a little too close in the top left corner of the left lens...even masking tape has a hard time sticking to a hydrophobic lens. Lots of time people don't see it until I point it out to them, but I know its there, so it burns me up. I saw a powerpoint on the O-Review that shows you how to cut them. I would advise buying some cheapo lenses to practice on first.

Could you link the powerpoint for others please??

Nice cut job, that cant be easy! Brip, we think alike, I had these done a few months ago. The guy who cut my lenses even left the word polarized down there if you look close.
Juliet_pol_redpol.jpg

Those are siiiiiiick!

Attachments

• Juliet_pol_redpol.jpg
    Juliet_pol_redpol.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 309
  • Juliet_pol_redpol.jpg
    Juliet_pol_redpol.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 336
So, I have to ask - is it good or bad to have +Red lenses cut from other lenses? I've seen it done (mainly on eBay - some Canadian guy sells his pairs for $600+), but I've also heard that there can be distortion because none of the donor lens sets were meant for the Juliet in the first place.

Looks cool as hell though, even though I'm not fond of the polished frame.