• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Plasma With + Red Polarized

would straight jacket lenses be a good enough as far as curvature goes or do i have to use jawbones or m-frame lenses?

I think straight jacket lenses are a good match. My buddy uses mostly m frame lenses though, mainly because They give you more lens to work with, whereas the straight jacket lens is almost too close of a match.

thanks. yeah, i tried putting my spare juliet lenses on top of the spare straight jacket lenses i both have and its a bit too close as far as having enough room to work with on all the sides.

So, I have to ask - is it good or bad to have +Red lenses cut from other lenses? I've seen it done (mainly on eBay - some Canadian guy sells his pairs for $600+), but I've also heard that there can be distortion because none of the donor lens sets were meant for the Juliet in the first place.

Looks cool as hell though, even though I'm not fond of the polished frame.

I haven't noticed any distortion in mine. I chose the Jawbone because it was a larger lens that seemed to have the same curve as the Juliet lenses. I could see distortion if someone used a M frame as a donor lens...maybe that's what the guy in Canada does. I have seen some of his and the positive red doesn't even look like Oakley positive red. It looks more like the original positive red or a dark ruby...If he's selling his for $600, I'll sell my plasma one's for half that...lol. I don't need to get rich off of people, I just need to fund the next good Oakley deal. This truly is a sickness!!!

That's good to know. I just bought my Juliets (and paid good money for them), so I'm not really allowed to mess with more Oakley purchases until at least after Christmas (bonus time). I think around then, I will look for an X-Metal colored frame and those Jawbone lenses and then find a professional optical place that can cut the lenses.

Nice cut job, that cant be easy! Brip, we think alike, I had these done a few months ago. The guy who cut my lenses even left the word polarized down there if you look close.
Juliet_pol_redpol.jpg

nice job!

Attachments

• Juliet_pol_redpol.jpg
    Juliet_pol_redpol.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 283
  • Juliet_pol_redpol.jpg
    Juliet_pol_redpol.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 306