• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polished XX

They look like the T1000 transformed into your pair of glasses! Amazing😊 Really nice:)
Absolutely astonishing really beautiful but I gotta know how many decades it took to Polish those things lol. Unless Oakley released a polished version of the XX that I didn't know about

That is QUOTE="cp8235, post: 1557537, member: 33390"]
My new daily wear pair. Polished frames deserve chrome iridium lenses. Grey lenses look all right, but when the Oklahoma sun is out, they just won’t do. Today is overcast but should clear up soonView attachment 855935
[/QUOTE]

That is a nice bike

That is QUOTE="cp8235, post: 1557537, member: 33390"]
My new daily wear pair. Polished frames deserve chrome iridium lenses. Grey lenses look all right, but when the Oklahoma sun is out, they just won’t do. Today is overcast but should clear up soonView attachment 855935

That is a nice bike
[/QUOTE]
It’s a Trek 3700 from 2004. It’s been holding down the concrete in a corner of my garage for at least ten years. I took it to the bike shop for a tune-up so I can let my nephew use it for rides with my daughter and me.

Question about XXs- I have always referred to the X-Metal XXs as "X-X" and the O-Matter Twenties as "Twenties". I once heard someone refer to the X-Metal XXs as "X-Metal Twenties". Obviously XX is also twenty, and both frames were released in 1999 (right before 2000), but I never thought that Oakley was intending to call them both "Twenties". Where are other people on this?

I remember having the first ever polished XX about 6 years ago 🥰🥰

still got it - will never get rid of it, ever...

Question about XXs- I have always referred to the X-Metal XXs as "X-X" and the O-Matter Twenties as "Twenties". I once heard someone refer to the X-Metal XXs as "X-Metal Twenties". Obviously XX is also twenty, and both frames were released in 1999 (right before 2000), but I never thought that Oakley was intending to call them both "Twenties". Where are other people on this?
I call them "ex ex", but I've heard others say "double ex"...

If you call them "double ex", you probably dock with random strangers in truck stop bathrooms...

Back