• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Portsmouth store uk, closing?

Mates just sent me this,,,, maybe some deals if any uk guys are local

View attachment 895371
I think the guy who runs it has a website called Igero and an eBay store called eyewear outlet store . Both of those have been light of new stock of late . Maybe he’s sacking it on all fronts .

you will have to travel up north to the Vault at Cheshire Oaks now . I scored a great deal on Saturday . 3 pair of Kokoro’s . Flight Jacket , jawbreaker and Frogskin for £280 .

I think the guy who runs it has a website called Igero and an eBay store called eyewear outlet store . Both of those have been light of new stock of late . Maybe he’s sacking it on all fronts .

you will have to travel up north to the Vault at Cheshire Oaks now . I scored a great deal on Saturday . 3 pair of Kokoro’s . Flight Jacket , jawbreaker and Frogskin for £280 .
Is Cheshire Oaks store also having a closing down sale? Are these closures permanent?

Is Cheshire Oaks store also having a closing down sale? Are these closures permanent?
Whilst I’m not privy to any insider info . The acting manager ( substantive manager on maternity leave ) told me that they are due for a store refit September 2022 . They were due to have it March 2020 but the lockdown delayed it . They had to go to back of the line as the team that does the refits also does the Sunglass Hut refits .

Stock Levels are not great at Cheshire Oaks but they had a whole shelf of Kokoro ( not every model but maybe 8 styles ) which surprised me as they were on average £50 to £60 a set cheaper than online . The acting Manager gave me just over 20% on two pair and 30% on the 3rd pair . Which I think in total worked out around 45% cheaper than full retail .

Yeah we could have a UK Southernish collectors day out. Mind you between us we probably have more glasses and defo more interesting pairs . My wife always drags me over there for shopping and when I go in there I always feel it is a little light on stock and no limited additions .I always felt it wasn't that they weren't well supported as a dealer, mind you I haven't been to the London one for a while. Found the displays of their heritage a bit under whelming wonder if they would like to buy mine.

Yeah we could have a UK Southernish collectors day out. Mind you between us we probably have more glasses and defo more interesting pairs . My wife always drags me over there for shopping and when I go in there I always feel it is a little light on stock and no limited additions .I always felt it wasn't that they weren't well supported as a dealer, mind you I haven't been to the London one for a while. Found the displays of their heritage a bit under whelming wonder if they would like to buy mine.
It was a franchise, run by the same people as ran the Eyewear Outlet website (now Igera as someone mentioned above) so Oakley maybe didn’t give them the best stock. They used to have much better stuff when they were on the corner of the crossroads further up, including x-metals.

The London one is a bit of a disappointment for sure. We had a meet up there a good few years back and we did have better stuff between us than they had in their heritage displays. Right @mjt42, @Peeza21, @MdVOakleyFreak?

Bit far from me on the off chance of a bargain. Someone should go though. Bet on the last day a lot of stuff gets binned.

No sadly my wife hasn't wanted to go shopping over there yet and to honest the place was always very mundane with a lot of dull mainstream fodder for the masses at top prices , you were never likely to see the new Zeros pop up in there . I used to go in and get depressed and leave especially when I saw a re release of a an old classic .
Have anyone gone there and see if they had any nice deals?

Back