• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Potential eBay scam on some C-Six's

bigd003

Oakley Expert
USA
Hi fam,

Check this out, you be the judge.

#1 - Seller Rating 12, Dexter Missouri (using 4 cropped pics from the listing below, can see fingertips, wood flooring, etc)
Oakley C Six Sunglasses RARE | eBay

#2 - Seller Rating 230, Kingsland Georgia (12 images, 4 of which look to be larger/original versions of pics used in the above listing)
oakley C six Brand new | eBay

Before I realized this was a scam listing, I wrote to the seller with only four pictures and asked if he had any additional pictures or if you could tell me which serial number this particular pair of glasses was, but the seller never replied.

I wasn't too sure about placing a bit at this point, but then when I saw the other listing with 12 images that looked a lot like the others, it seemed obvious that listing #1 was a fraud. What do you guys think?

Hi fam,

Check this out, you be the judge.

#1 - Seller Rating 12, Dexter Missouri (using 4 cropped pics from the listing below, can see fingertips, wood flooring, etc)
Oakley C Six Sunglasses RARE | eBay

#2 - Seller Rating 230, Kingsland Georgia (12 images, 4 of which look to be larger/original versions of pics used in the above listing)
oakley C six Brand new | eBay

Before I realized this was a scam listing, I wrote to the seller with only four pictures and asked if he had any additional pictures or if you could tell me which serial number this particular pair of glasses was, but the seller never replied.

I wasn't too sure about placing a bit at this point, but then when I saw the other listing with 12 images that looked a lot like the others, it seemed obvious that listing #1 was a fraud. What do you guys think?

They’re definitely the same pictures. You can even see the cat laying on the floor in the top right corner of the pictures.

@bigd003 good catch.
@zcrxsi there's only one thing to do....

1614630137695.png

Feedback profiles dont mean very much on Ebay these days. If somebody is able to take over a disused Ebay account through phishing or theft of a laptop etc they can change the payment options and sell whatever they want and just pocket the cash. Both of those listings be infact be scams you never know

I have been keeping an eye on the Dexter, MO. listing too. I’ve asked 2 different questions over 4 days, no response. I actually live 20 miles from Dexter. I never noticed the picture discrepancies.

If I have doubts, especially when a seller is using stock photos, I simply ask have you got any images other than stock. If so, can you upload, with your username.
But for hacked accounts, look to see when was the last high priced item sold..or buy off here.

If I have doubts, especially when a seller is using stock photos, I simply ask have you got any images other than stock. If so, can you upload, with your username.
But for hacked accounts, look to see when was the last high priced item sold..or buy off here.
It's amusing that I've been accused of using stock photos before when they were actual shots I've taken. :p That's when I just started using stone slabs from Lowes at a dollar apiece instead of solid white/grey/black backgrounds, still get that accusation from time to time, but some of the stone patterns only show in my images (and also makes it a lot easier to reverse google search them if someone happened to steal my photos to sell theirs, or fake listing).

Hacked accounts as you said won't usually communicate or follow up with that request.

Only time I had to include a written username had been on reddit (though it's not a bad idea to require that elsewhere).

It's amusing that I've been accused of using stock photos before when they were actual shots I've taken. :p That's when I just started using stone slabs from Lowes at a dollar apiece instead of solid white/grey/black backgrounds, still get that accusation from time to time, but some of the stone patterns only show in my images (and also makes it a lot easier to reverse google search them if someone happened to steal my photos to sell theirs, or fake listing).

Hacked accounts as you said won't usually communicate or follow up with that request.

Only time I had to include a written username had been on reddit (though it's not a bad idea to require that elsewhere).
Great idea with the stone slab!

Back