• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Potential eBay scam on some C-Six's

It was second hand thru a forum like this, with the box and all, was a 'steal' at under 300 as he was trying to sell off a bit.

The M640 Special Edition is part of the "World Wonders" series where they're themed after natural wonders. There are other designs like Sahara, and Niagara Falls (which I'd love to get one day). Their prices vary if you can still find them.

To try to find a Mount Everest one now would probably cost you between 600 to 900 depending on how hard the seller is trying to be.
…series you say…hard to find you say…

Oh no. This is gonna be bad

…series you say…hard to find you say…

Oh no. This is gonna be bad
:p I wouldn't worry too much

If you like the 'appearance' but not so much about how they actually write, for the sake of collecting, there's plenty of pretties out there that are easier and cheaper to find.

But if you go the vintage route like I did, and try to go after models that weren't exactly plentiful, and have a very high chance that you'll never find a replacement quite like it...

3ceThpG.jpg

May god help you lol.

I eased my way into it by finding them broken and ugly, and restoring them myself to be nice and usable. (Which also helped me sell them for 6 times what I paid for them).

disassembled_before.jpg

And then a day later :

goldfilled_pair.jpg

:p I wouldn't worry too much

If you like the 'appearance' but not so much about how they actually write, for the sake of collecting, there's plenty of pretties out there that are easier and cheaper to find.

But if you go the vintage route like I did, and try to go after models that weren't exactly plentiful, and have a very high chance that you'll never find a replacement quite like it...

View attachment 902416

May god help you lol.

I eased my way into it by finding them broken and ugly, and restoring them myself to be nice and usable. (Which also helped me sell them for 6 times what I paid for them).

View attachment 902417

And then a day later :

View attachment 902418
I cannot believe those are the same pen, great work! What did you use to polish the metal? Is it gold plated or what?

I cannot believe those are the same pen, great work! What did you use to polish the metal? Is it gold plated or what?
A sunshine cloth (most favorite thing to polish gold and silver with). The Old gold caps of the Eversharp Skylines in the 1940s were 1/10 Gold-filled 14K so while it's not solid, there's a lot of it on the cap. I'll use sunshine cloth on the gold nibs as well , keeping them away from the slit or nib tip. You would follow up with a microfiber cloth to get off any residue and it really shines.

Works very well for the Parker 75 Cisele I had which has a solid sterling silver cap and barrel.

p75uncapped.jpg

P5295165_sm.jpg

I miss that pen, hopefully I'll get another again, they're not exactly uncommon being made in the 1970s, and can usually be found around 100-120 in good condition. They take modern Parker cartridges or you can use a parker style converter to draw up bottled ink.

PS: I'm actually selling a few *cough not an enabler *cough*

It's amusing that I've been accused of using stock photos before when they were actual shots I've taken. :p That's when I just started using stone slabs from Lowes at a dollar apiece instead of solid white/grey/black backgrounds, still get that accusation from time to time, but some of the stone patterns only show in my images (and also makes it a lot easier to reverse google search them if someone happened to steal my photos to sell theirs, or fake listing).

Hacked accounts as you said won't usually communicate or follow up with that request.

Only time I had to include a written username had been on reddit (though it's not a bad idea to require that elsewhere).
I agree the slab is a great idea

Back