• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prescription Frogskins help

My Trillbe has that as well sloughs when I’m looking through them I don’t notice them at all, so I forget they are there.

Mine are single vision and Oakley have once again confirmed that they are there to "line up the lenses". Considering they have some of the best lens technology out there, it still seems crazy to put something in the line of sight.

Unfortunately, I can see the marks in them as a smudge and they are driving me mad. I'll have to take vision express up on their offer to make their own lenses next time.

Thanks for all the replies and advice, it's most appreciated!

I have 2year old 24K progressive lenses in my Half Jacket 2.0 but only the "O" watermark in the lower left corner of the left lens.

They are not deflective and it not possible to have them removed or made without them. These lenses are digitally surfaced and those engravings need to be there.

You will find these on single vision and progressives. The only time they will not have these engravings is on a standard SV lens for an ophthalmic frame.

I work for Oakley BTW.

Mine are single vision and Oakley have once again confirmed that they are there to "line up the lenses". Considering they have some of the best lens technology out there, it still seems crazy to put something in the line of sight.

Unfortunately, I can see the marks in them as a smudge and they are driving me mad. I'll have to take vision express up on their offer to make their own lenses next time.

Thanks for all the replies and advice, it's most appreciated!
Vision Express are 100% correct. I am amazing you can see these in your vision.

If you have a non-Oakley Authentic lens then you can choose a standard lens without these markings but I promise you the vision will be inferior.

Had my frogs prescription for couple of years and only have the"o" bottom corner.. those marking must be a mistake?

Interesting. I just got a new pair of single vision Plazmas and I saw the O on the left lens but didn’t see the others. Took them outside in the sun and sure enough I got them. They won’t bother me in these because they’re single vision and my eyes are not really moving around but I’ve got some progressives coming so we’ll see. Don’t think it’ll be an issue. My lenses have a smudge or two anyway.

Back