• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prescription Lens Questions

five56

Oakley Enthusiast
I have a question for the prescription experts for my girlfriend. I don't require a prescription, and have never had to work with this situation before, so I wanted to ask you guys. She bought me a pair of Oakley Savitars, in Prizm Black, Polarized. She really likes them and wants a pair for herself too. She needs a prescription for distance.

She went online to an authorized Oakley seller, who handles prescriptions, but when she got to the lens material selection, she did not see the actual Oakley lenses as an option. Rather, it was like the ultra thin nylon and other options for that particular Oakley frame.

She wants the Prizm Polarized, actual OEM lens material (not 3rd party material), in a prescription. What is the best way to go about doing this? Buy a new pair of Savitar from Oakley directly?

Thanks

I have a question for the prescription experts for my girlfriend. I don't require a prescription, and have never had to work with this situation before, so I wanted to ask you guys. She bought me a pair of Oakley Savitars, in Prizm Black, Polarized. She really likes them and wants a pair for herself too. She needs a prescription for distance.

She went online to an authorized Oakley seller, who handles prescriptions, but when she got to the lens material selection, she did not see the actual Oakley lenses as an option. Rather, it was like the ultra thin nylon and other options for that particular Oakley frame.

She wants the Prizm Polarized, actual OEM lens material (not 3rd party material), in a prescription. What is the best way to go about doing this? Buy a new pair of Savitar from Oakley directly?

Thanks
Hey man
Yeah, it's the same thing I tell most people, and that is to just go around your area to see which opticians are Oakley certified to install Oakley Rx lenses. To be ABSOLUTELY sure, ask them is the Oakley lenses will have the "O" watermark etched on the bottom left lens.
You don't need to buy another frame to get Rx in them, unless you want more pairs. The best way to go about this, bring your frames to your local optician that is authorized to do Rx Oakley, tell them which lenses you want installed in them. You'd probably have to do an eye-exam.
Aside from that, maybe take a trip to your Oakley Store and try out the various Prizm Polarized lenses that you'd eventually want in those Savitars. At this time the following Prizm Polarized lenses are:

-Prizm Black Polarized
-Prizm 24k Polarized (may not be Rx-able in some places)
-Prizm Sapphire Polarized
-Prizm Jade Polarized
-Prizm Rose Gold Polarized (may not be Rx-able in some places)
-Prizm Tungsten Polarized
-Prizm Ruby Polarized
-Prizm Grey Polarized

Try out those lenses, then go to your optician and tell them which ones you want installed in the Savitars. Good luck man!

Monkey

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply guys, I appreciate it very much!

It just seems like there are so many lens options out there from 3rd party and from so many sources. She definitely wants the OEM Prizm like my Savitars have, but just in a prescription sunglass for her.

Good to know about the laser etched "O", thanks! I did not know they did that for prescriptions.

Thanks for the reply guys, I appreciate it very much!

It just seems like there are so many lens options out there from 3rd party and from so many sources. She definitely wants the OEM Prizm like my Savitars have, but just in a prescription sunglass for her.

Good to know about the laser etched "O", thanks! I did not know they did that for prescriptions.

Take a look here at the ones I have:

Which Savitars does your girlfriend have?

Take a look here at the ones I have:

Which Savitars does your girlfriend have?
Nice collection that you have! The Whiskers are also really nice! I see the etched "O" that you had mentioned before on the Rx lenses.

To clarify, they are actually mine. She got them for me as a gift, and she liked mine and wanted a pair for herself, but with a prescription.
But, the ones I have that she got me are the Satin (natural titanium) with the Polarized Prizm Black lenses. They are unbelievably comfortable, and weigh next to nothing. I've had other lightweight Oakley wires before, but these seem more comfortable than any I've had before. Build quality is excellent too.

Nice collection that you have! The Whiskers are also really nice! I see the etched "O" that you had mentioned before on the Rx lenses.

To clarify, they are actually mine. She got them for me as a gift, and she liked mine and wanted a pair for herself, but with a prescription.
But, the ones I have that she got me are the Satin (natural titanium) with the Polarized Prizm Black lenses. They are unbelievably comfortable, and weigh next to nothing. I've had other lightweight Oakley wires before, but these seem more comfortable than any I've had before. Build quality is excellent too.
Ah ok ok
Yeah then you're good to go with getting your Savitar's with your prescriptions.
So, the next step would be to find an optician that is authorized to make official Rx Oakley lenses, get a up-to-date eye exam done, and then get the same Prizm Black Polarized Rx lenses installed. Again, if you want to be 100% sure, ask if the laser "O" will be on the lenses. Keep us posted on your progress man!

Latest Posts

Back