• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Prism Red ( Cyclops ) lens blanks

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Prism red Cyclops Lenses.
29 sets left in stock
  1. 8C* base curve
  2. 85* mm blanks
  3. Decentered for eye relief: 1.8mm thickest inner and 1.5-1.6 thinnest outer
  4. Foundation hard coating on both sides
  5. Hydrophobic & Oleophobic coatings inside.
  6. .25 - .5 Diopters of base prism
  7. 5.63 percent light transmission
  8. Polycarbonate construction UV400 protection

Asking $99.00 for a set of blanks shipped in the Continental US

Blanks can be cut for any xmetal or pitboss or any frame with a 8-8.75 base curve

I highly recommend @Chris A Hardaway for your cutting needs. He has cut a lot of the prototypes lenses for this project. Also RJ has had a major hand in helping me with all the technical specs so I could get these manufactured correctly with the highest quality possible. A big thanks to you RJ.

If you do not want to go through that process I can have them cut for you for 48.00 it will be a 2 week lead time.

This was one hell of a project. It took me many years to obtain and then reverse engineer an actual x-men movie prop pennies. Then even longer to find someone to manufacture these to my exact specifications. It was challenging getting in contact and building trust with Tim Cadiente the oakley rep that handled the production of the early X-MEN movies. I ended actually buying a pair of movie used penny from Tim, He was incredibly generous to allow me to buy a pair from his collection, Also Tim was a big help in getting all the information I could on the build process and following the leads he provided. There where a lot of trial and errors and money lost on failed attempts but the Cyclops Prism lenses are finally here and they are perfected and now. I want to bring them to the fourm and offer them to everyone who wants to put on their shades and feel like cyclops for the day or if you just like the look of pure blood red lenses that are actually functional.

I’m still going to say these should not be used to drive just to be safe but I have tested them while driving and they seem to be non impairing, but everyone is different and people could be more sensitive to the Rose/Reddish tint. These are a category 4 lens so the light transmission is lower then your typical lenses. Unfortunately this is the only way they can be made.

Blank pictured next to a cut R1 lens to show size comparison.

343D5B8A-383F-47D9-AEA4-97BA22389DB3.jpeg

68360300-78D4-4460-BBEB-9104AC36A0C0.jpeg

A408663B-627C-479B-9E2D-3B66156BC732.jpeg

10AA3F4E-D162-4177-B83C-B50DA7EDB1B4.jpeg

6EC6C276-BDD4-435C-9A6A-33FE58CFABE6.jpeg

BBE651B1-3DFD-49F8-B0FC-ED180C1D4013.jpeg

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
Those look so bad ass with sideblinders. Ahhhhhhhh

Is the inside mirrored as well?

Username Hidden said:
Is the inside mirrored as well?
there is a coating on the inside to help keep your eyeballs from being visible yes

hold on to a set for me.....while i gather funds!

Username Hidden said:
hold on to a set for me.....while i gather funds!
Will do migs

I got myself a set to try. Why not eh?. Worth it for a neat project.. free bump

I think I'll put em in these.
20210206_121520.jpg

They look sick!!! Definitely getting 1 for a penny and 1 for a juliet soon

Latest Posts

Back