• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm lens distortion

Right on eye

017BE911-7DAF-4231-B37C-7561E877AE0E.jpeg

I am not sure. I just assumed it’s oxm or linegears job to get that right.

I know (at least in the past) when you ordered Juliet replacement lenses from fuse they were, by default, 6.xx basecurve. I had to call and request 8.75 BC and they didn’t have all the lens colors available. The 8.75 BC lenses weren’t listed on their website anywhere either. This was like 3+ years ago so that might have changed since then.

I know some people get ghosting (seeing several versions of a single light source) with some lenses (fire iridium is notorious for this, but prizm DWP get's it a bit).Quite a bit of info on it if you search here.

If the lenses give distortion they probably aren't cut quite right for your frames (x-metals vary a bit in size so a slightly large lens for your frame will be flexed a bit to fit) On the Linegear lenses I don't know, but OEM Oakley lenses haven't given me any distortion whether they are Prizm or not. So no reason to avoid Prizm in the future imho.

I would contact Hardaway and see what he says, he works with lenses for a living and you can trust what he tells you. I have never had "ghosting" issues like this with any lenses, Oakley. Revant or Ikon, so I don't see this as normal. I know that good lenses are corrected for the base curve distortion, but can't say what this process is. After you hear from Hardaway post it here, or maybe he will check in himself? I am interested to hear what he says about this.
Later
NCH

Yeah - try it with a lens at night, for example, a HI Yellow lens for driving. It’s a topic of discussion that comes up every now and then over the years. @NCHornet

It’s easiest to spot on lower light lenses, but you even get it in Black Iridium sometimes.

The only lens I know with no ghosting issues whatsoever is Black Violet Iridium.

On this Gold Iridium lens you can see the ghost image of the downlighter in the circled bit. Some lenses the ghosting is way less obvious because it’s not in the direct line of view.

9DC5AA22-9256-4E71-853A-55D928CD0927.jpeg

Back