• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Photochromic

Yes, rudy project photochromic lenses(impact x) are quite good. They also have golf specific photochromic lenses too.
Yes, when it comes to photochromic lenses Rudy blows the competition away.

I have noticed that many shooters in the US uses Rudy.
they also have some very cool models.
And they are made here in Europe, not in China :)

My favourite Rudy model is their tralyx xl model. I first saw it on tom boonen when he was in ettix quickstep. It looks very cool. Their photochromic lenses are very good. It changes color very fast.
CfwUHeBXIAA6hGU.jpg

94.6% of oakleys are made in usa the lenses 100% made in usa the frames 95-100% made in usa and the unumtaminim is usually made in italy or china

The only problem I have with almost all oakley lenses except for jade iridium, is that lens Iridium and anti reflective coating inside starts to flake if there's too much humidity in the air. I am dealing with this problem every monsoon. I am tired of buying replacement lenses for my favourite frames. No other brand can compare with the lens technology of Oakley but they should definitely improve their lens Iridium coating.
You have this problem with positive red, so also with prizm road, prizm cricket and all the lenses with positive red Iridium coating on the outside. Even, with prizm baseball outfield, which has torch coating outside. It all starts in the middle (shield lenses), where oakleu is written.

94.6% of oakleys are made in usa the lenses 100% made in usa the frames 95-100% made in usa and the unumtaminim is usually made in italy or china
Since most of, if not all, boxes says assembled in US....I would like to see proof of your statement.

Especially photos or video of the lenses being manufactured in the United States, thank you in advance.

wow Rudy this is a oakley forum not some trash offbrand knockoff forum lmao
Exactly, that is why Rudi sports sunglasses cost $200+ and have superior Photochromic technology which actually also works when you are behind windows, like in a car.

I have a good feeling about this convo.......

Last edited:
Back