• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Polarized RX being discontinued???

WeekendCTR

Oakley Beginner
I have been waiting for my Optometrist to be able to obtain Prizm Deep Water or Shallow water lenses in Script for my Portal X sunglasses. I was notified today that Oakley has possibly discontinued those lenses in scripts. Anyone here have any inside info???

Thank You

That is not true. Oakley has not discontinued any of their prizm polarized RX lenses. Look on oakley.com for all the lenses they offer

That is not true. Oakley has not discontinued any of their prizm polarized RX lenses. Look on oakley.com for all the lenses they offer
Then why is the option to add a script lens for that color lens been deleted. I can get a non script deep water lens for the Portal X but the script lens has been removed from the Oakley site. Literally it was there over the weekend and yesterday it’s been removed to be able to order that lens.

@WeekendCTR I believe there could be a supply issue. If you already placed your order yours could be on hold until more blanks come in. I haven't heard of this yet, but I'm unable to get cycling sport Progressives in prizm road Jade and prizm road black right now. Even though they were brand new lenses only a few months ago. And it's on my paper order forms. But trust me, they won't take an online order or phone order for that from me either :(

I'm saddened to say you might have to try again in a few weeks. But that being said I'm not 100% sure because this is just a rumor I've heard on prizm polarized. That there was a customs or covid caused supply issue on blanks.

@WeekendCTR I believe there could be a supply issue. If you already placed your order yours could be on hold until more blanks come in. I haven't heard of this yet, but I'm unable to get cycling sport Progressives in prizm road Jade and prizm road black right now. Even though they were brand new lenses only a few months ago. And it's on my paper order forms. But trust me, they won't take an online order or phone order for that from me either :(

I'm saddened to say you might have to try again in a few weeks. But that being said I'm not 100% sure because this is just a rumor I've heard on prizm polarized. That there was a customs or covid caused supply issue on blanks.
Chris thank you for the reply.

I can respect the backorder situation and I hope that is the case. I was told by the Optometrist they were discontinued. Maybe they assumed that cause they were not available to order when they looked, so naturally I looked on the site and saw they were not available also and hence my search and finding this forum.
Thank you for the hopefully positive clarification that I can get my lenses eventually.

Chris thank you for the reply.

I can respect the backorder situation and I hope that is the case. I was told by the Optometrist they were discontinued. Maybe they assumed that cause they were not available to order when they looked, so naturally I looked on the site and saw they were not available also and hence my search and finding this forum.
Thank you for the hopefully positive clarification that I can get my lenses eventually.
Oh ya. Def not discontinued. You are right. It's easier for them to say or assume that then dog deeper.

Good luck! Hang in thereand try again online in 2 weeks. If it does show online, try again w your private optometrist.

Back