• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Road Black & Prizm Road Jade

sundevil516

I should Work at Oakley
Arizona
This past week at my O store we received the Prizm Road Black Flak Jacket 2.0. I had been anxiously waiting for them. What I didn't know is the light transmission on them is 11%. That makes them 1% darker than the favorite Prizm Deep Water Polarized.

We also received the Prizm Road Jade in the Flak as well. I didn't even know this one was coming. The light transmission on this one is 15% which is comparable to the Prizm Field lens. Both of these have a rose base like the original Road lenses. I gotta say, both are super sweet! 20200215_200420.jpg20200215_200420.jpg20200215_200413.jpg20200215_200133.jpg20200215_200130.jpg

Weve got the road blacks in quite a few frames now....

Got the road jades in flak 2.0 radar ev jawbreaker and....... ummmm im drawing a blank on the other lol

The jade is a mid line lens to me. Right in between road n road black

I got the Jade Prizm Road lenses for a Flak 2.0 last week and have been using it quite a bit since. I have to say, I love these lenses, both to look at and through. Full sunlight, especially with lots of snow like we have now isn't an ideal environment, but still doable. And in overcast or regular conditions, they're gorgeous. One of my favorites for sure.

I really like the new Prizm Road Black, just got a pair of Flight Jacket with that lens.

I have a question: Is it a big differance between the older Prizm Jade and the new Prizm Jade Road? To me it looks like the new Prizm Jade Road has the same Iridium tint as Prizm Golf (green/purple instead of green/blue) but obviously a bit darker. At least that's the impression I get from comparing them at the Oakley website.

Is it a big differance between the older Prizm Jade and the new Prizm Jade Road? To me it looks like the new Prizm Jade Road has the same Iridium tint as Prizm Golf.

That is a fair assessment. The iridium coating on Prizm Jade Road is very subtle in that it does not obviously come across as only green, or very saturated. You can see through the lens from the outside fairly easily, and the green is definitely more muted than a standard (Prizm) Jade iridium.

In my opinion, the Prizm Road Jade is darker than the Prizm golf. It has the same base color as golf but seeing as the lens is both Jade and Road mixed it will obviously be darker. It is a pleasant lens color that is easy on the eyes. Keeping in mind that is is not as dark as say a deep water or even ruby, it is a nice alternative especially on maybe an overcast day.

This past week at my O store we received the Prizm Road Black Flak Jacket 2.0. I had been anxiously waiting for them. What I didn't know is the light transmission on them is 11%. That makes them 1% darker than the favorite Prizm Deep Water Polarized.

We also received the Prizm Road Jade in the Flak as well. I didn't even know this one was coming. The light transmission on this one is 15% which is comparable to the Prizm Field lens. Both of these have a rose base like the original Road lenses. I gotta say, both are super sweet! View attachment 704510View attachment 704510View attachment 704511View attachment 704512View attachment 704513
have you compared the road to the road black? even though the road is like 20% lt and the road black says 11% which is a huge gap: all the pics i have seen the road black dont see that dark.

Back