• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I was told it was a grey base, but it’s more bronze, but not as extreme as old bronze or prizm tungsten.

here are both next to each other. i much prefer looking through the Prizm versions tint. i have never cared for the greenish tint of original violet or fire lenses. the Prizm Violet does have some blue in the iridium though. kinda like a hint of sapphire in the center of the lens. so original violet is more even uniform purple iridium. looking through Prizm Violet is almost the exact same as looking through Prizm DWP.

Prizm on top in the first pic, on bottom in second pic.

violet3.jpg
violet1.jpg

Last edited:
here are both next to each other. i much prefer looking through the Prizm versions tint. i have never cared for the greenish tint of original violet or fire lenses. the Prizm Violet does have some blue in the iridium though. kinda like a hint of sapphire in the center of the lens. so original violet is more even uniform purple iridium. looking through Prizm Violet is almost the exact same as looking through Prizm DWP.

Prizm on top in the first pic, on bottom in second pic.

View attachment 753495View attachment 753496
Awesome shots! You can really see that sapphire blue in the center.

Great to hear of a DWP feel when looking through, that’s a nice improvement.

Hello, I am new to the forum.
I'm looking for some advice (and a picture if possible please).

I have a pair of pink Frogskins Lite that have Violet Iridium lens but, I do not like the green tint. I love the contrast of the Prizm Road that I use on my Flak 2.0. I also love how the pink frame goes with the purple lens. Do the Prizm Violet have the same green tint as the Violet Iridium? Or is the Prizm Violet tint anything similar to the Prizm Road?

***EDIT: I had to do a bit of an internet deep dive search with specific words but I found my answer. Let me amend my question. How do you like your Prizm Violet for daily wear and for driving?***

Last edited:
I have prizm Violet in Clifdens and they are waaaaay better than Violet iridium. Have a very nice bronze-ish color to them. I just wish they made it in more frames...

Back