• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pro M Frame Lens Compatibility

ccs2009

Oakley Beginner
I just purchased a pair of NIB Pro M Frames that currently have hybrid lenses. I had the hopes of replacing these lenses with a set of Heaters only to read on Revant Optics that their lenses are only compatible with 1999 or later M Frames. Can anyone give me some information on the fitment differences between the Pro M Frame and the following model.

From what I recall my Pro M would use the same lenses as my New Gen M-Frame's which are '99+ frames. I believe they put that note there as the Gen.1/2 frames (ones with the boxier/more delicate frames) used a slightly narrower lens...

Basically if you tried putting a vintage lens from a Gen1/2 into a a Pro M-Frame or New.Gen M-Frame the lens wouldn't stay in. Likely just fall out of the frame.

An putting a '99+ lens into a vintage frame would likely result in your cracking the frame and/or the lens as well. So Revent doesn't want you to damage your vintage pairs by assuming their lens will fit your frame, resulting you damaging your frame/lens, along with your wallet and possibly your feelings... I'm too lazy to look for the thread that better explains this, but you can search on here as I know it's been covered between how the different year/gens differ in terms of fit.

But you should be fine, as M Frame Boss mentioned in this post he explained that his Pro M Frames' loves the elite Revant lenses.

editted; because it read like grammatical poo, now its slightly better garbage..

Last edited:
From what I recall my Pro M would use the same lenses as my New Gen M-Frame's which are '99+ frames. I believe they put that note there as the Gen.1/2 frames with the more delicate frames, used a slightly narrower distance between mounting hooks. Because of this difference putting one of those older lenses in a '99+ frame typically resulted in the frame sagging or completely falling out.

M Frame Boss mentioned in this post he explained that his Pro M Frames' loves the elite Revant lenses.

Thanks BoostBear I’ve been trying to search all through threads to find some type of info on this. It’s nice to see someone has some experience with it. My impression initially was the only difference between the Pro M Frame and new M Frame were the incorporation of the hinges and slight design adjustments on the arms but not the lenses.

From what I recall my Pro M would use the same lenses as my New Gen M-Frame's which are '99+ frames. I believe they put that note there as the Gen.1/2 frames (ones with the boxier/more delicate frames) used a slightly narrower distance between mounting hooks on the lenses. So the Revents wouldn't work on them w/o damaging your ego, wallet, frame or lenses...

Because of this difference in widths, if you tried putting a vintage lens w/o oakly etched in the center into a a Pro M-Frame or New.Gen M-Frame the lens wouldn't stay in. Likely just fall out of the frame. An vice versa, putting a later '99+ lens into a vintage frame would likely result in your cracking the frame and/or the lens as well. If you need a better explanation about the lens width differences I suggest you search within the forum thread, I know it's been covered I'm just too lazy to look for it lol.

But you should be fine, as M Frame Boss mentioned in this post he explained that his Pro M Frames' loves the elite Revant lenses.

Have you had any luck locating any new original Oakley lenses at a reasonable price? eBay seems to have very bloated prices even on extremely worn lenses.

Thanks BoostBear I’ve been trying to search all through threads to find some type of info on this. It’s nice to see someone has some experience with it. My impression initially was the only difference between the Pro M Frame and new M Frame were the incorporation of the hinges and slight design adjustments on the arms but not the lenses.
I reeditted it to make it sound better, but I think I need to go to bed. An the search function on the forum isn't 100% accurate always, so another way to search the forum is by typing into google/bing the following site:www.oakleyforum.com pro m-frame lens fitment - the 4th link down should've brought you to the post I shared referring to M Frame Boss's post.

When you paste site:www.oakleyforum.com into goggle followed by keywords/question it forces google to only search within oakley forum for topics which relate to your search, so you don't get Joe-Bob's-Badass-Shades-N'-Skidoo-Galore in your results

Have you had any luck locating any new original Oakley lenses at a reasonable price? eBay seems to have very bloated prices even on extremely worn lenses.
I have no secret honey pot for OEM lens replacements, you just have to bite the bullet and sell that kidney to get those lenses... or just have that perfect timing to grab the deal on ebay.

Also worth calling optician stores in your area, I recently discovered a local shop by me which had a the particular discontinued lenses I was googling my heart out for, had I not found them locally I was debating purchasing from an internationally to obtain them. So sometimes you get lucky, other times... well... it's good to know you can live with 1 kidney.

I reeditted it to make it sound better, but I think I need to go to bed. An the search function on the forum isn't 100% accurate always, so another way to search the forum is by typing into google/bing the following site:www.oakleyforum.com pro m-frame lens fitment - the 4th link down should've brought you to the post I shared referring to M Frame Boss's post.

When you paste site:www.oakleyforum.com into goggle followed by keywords/question it forces google to only search within oakley forum for topics which relate to your search, so you don't get Joe-Bob's-Badass-Shades-N'-Skidoo-Galore in your results

That’s great to know! 90% of what you search for now that is related to M Frames is garbage. Either spam or no relation to the topic due to their discontinuation.

I have no secret honey pot for OEM lens replacements, you just have to bite the bullet and sell your kidney.... or get lucky. Also worth calling optician stores in your area, I recently discovered a local shop by me which had a the exact discontinued lenses I was googling for and debating purchasing internationally to obtain. So sometimes you get lucky, other times... well... it's good to know you can live with 1 kidney.

Not what I wanted to hear but thanks for all the info! It was definitely a sad day when they changed the M Frame design to the M2 IMO. To me it’s the best fitting/wearing/looking glasses Oakley made. Plus it seemed there was a huge downgrade in quality. My personal eye doc told me they sold out to RayBan so that may be part of the problem.

I just purchased a pair of NIB Pro M Frames that currently have hybrid lenses. I had the hopes of replacing these lenses with a set of Heaters only to read on Revant Optics that their lenses are only compatible with 1999 or later M Frames. Can anyone give me some information on the fitment differences between the Pro M Frame and the following model.
Is the Hybrid lens in your frame the original Hybrid shape or the New Hybrid shape?

Back