• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Proceed with Caution with this Seller

I just dealt with this scam you guys are talking about and yea... its pretty sneaky. I bought a item on Poshmark and within a day realized it was a listing with stolen pictures so I tried to cancel but he had already notated a tracking number. It sat until the last hour of the 7th day before he shipped it ... (7th day I could have canceled). So it makes it to my town and shows delivered and whaddaknow there is nothing in the mailbox. Had my post office buddy run the tracking and ended up .... now get this.... The tracking # was assigned to my address but the package had an address on my street one block down and the name was my first name and a fake last name. Thankfully I am in a small town and we can still knock on each others doors so I retrieve the package but only because I got to see the address on the form at the post office. You see... since it was not my name they couldnt release any information for me to use to show Poshmark. So yea... had I not had connections and live in a town where we are all friends I would be sitting with nothing to show but that it was delivered in my town.

I just dealt with this scam you guys are talking about and yea... its pretty sneaky. I bought a item on Poshmark and within a day realized it was a listing with stolen pictures so I tried to cancel but he had already notated a tracking number. It sat until the last hour of the 7th day before he shipped it ... (7th day I could have canceled). So it makes it to my town and shows delivered and whaddaknow there is nothing in the mailbox. Had my post office buddy run the tracking and ended up .... now get this.... The tracking # was assigned to my address but the package had an address on my street one block down and the name was my first name and a fake last name. Thankfully I am in a small town and we can still knock on each others doors so I retrieve the package but only because I got to see the address on the form at the post office. You see... since it was not my name they couldnt release any information for me to use to show Poshmark. So yea... had I not had connections and live in a town where we are all friends I would be sitting with nothing to show but that it was delivered in my town.
That’s one helll of a paragraph.

Thank you for the details, good to know about the new scam they've come up with! Sorry you had to deal with it though. Did you get your money back?

Thank you for the details, good to know about the new scam they've come up with! Sorry you had to deal with it though. Did you get your money back?
As of right now no. Its not over... I just retrieved the packaging and got a statement from the post office and submitted it all including screenshots of 4 more times the person listed using the stolen pictures after I was scammed. Poshmark is evidently very systematic in timelines :rolleyes:. I suspect Monday I will get some kind of reply from them and know where to go from here but they have everything and are aware the seller account was problematic so I am optimistic I will. If not then I will file the claim through Paypal where I can actually get on the phone and talk to a human. Just the mailing slip with the wrong name and address with the tracking number assigned to the sale should be enough.

Back