• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Project MD frames..

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

I've been busy combing Ebay and have come up with a bunch of project Monster dog frames. I sent out my last one for chrome plating today. Trouble is I've had no luck finding any white ones.. mostly black frames all the time or those rootbeer ones. If you have random beater MD frames especially white ones please send me a PM. Thanks a bunch all.. here are some recent finished projects.

20190823_001041.jpg
20190823_001109.jpg
20190823_001604.jpg
20190823_001621.jpg
20190823_001439.jpg
20190823_001539.jpg
20190823_001401.jpg
20190823_001134.jpg
20190823_001217.jpg

I had a thought for a white frame.. I'd like to do a heat sensitive purple to yellow or black to light blue. Thing is I have to have a white frame to start..however I would take more black ones and brown ones too. Now I'm blabbering on now. Sorry for that..

Some people reacted to this post.
Do the apps like offerup, posh or mercari cater to Canadian buyers?

Those are some füčking amazing works of arm man!!! With the rate your at, I imagine a few decades down the road, people are going to have a hard time finding any MD's which haven't been graced with your creative flare ha.

Username Hidden said:
Do the apps like offerup, posh or mercari cater to Canadian buyers?

Those are some füčking amazing works of arm man!!! With the rate your at, I imagine a few decades down the road, people are going to have a hard time finding any MD's which haven't been graced with your creative flare ha.

The only place for that is kijiji. Offer up seems like such a wicked thing but we just dont have the population base for those kind of specific things. Maybe I'm wrong. Wish we did though.

And wow thank you. I must say I really love reading comments like that. You're very very kind. I'm really not all that great to be honest. I stumble a lot with projects. Having to redo them all the time and with folks like Zach, Brad, rick and Dave I'm no where near as busy as I used to be. I find i actually enjoy buying beat frames and painting what i want or customizing what i want to anything really. Instead of having an idea tossed at me and struggling to make it look nice. I fair much better when there isnt pressures of performance at the end product. . Its totally ok though. Those dudes have it all right and I completely understand why a lot of folks dont like sending stuff over the boarder. It's too dangerous with the customs agents the way they are. For me there is nothing more fun than being creative on my own and selling what I have come up with. Some of these sold without having to list too. Let's hope the MD frame continues to come up at decent prices and come out of the woodwork in droves. Again thank you my friend. You are very kind..

For me I just think the MD frame is such a great canvas. Tons of greatness and space there to make some cool ideas come to life. Now if only thr frame fit me well..

How many you need bro ?

Man everyone is looking for dogs right now! Hard to get a good deal on them without everyone looking for them. Good luck with your search I’ve been searching too

Btw those customs are sick! I’m looking for a clear to do a special project myself.

Username Hidden said:
I find i actually enjoy buying beat frames and painting what i want or customizing what i want to anything really. Instead of having an idea tossed at me and struggling to make it look nice. I fair much better when there isnt pressures of performance at the end product.
I couldn't have said it better. In fact that's about word for word what I said to my son last weekend. He was looking at some of the ones I working on and I just happened to mumble, "this one is too much like f'ing work", and that's how I explained what I meant.
I'll keep my eyes open for some beater MDs for you...…. as long as you promise to keep doing what you do. :drinks:

Username Hidden said:
The only place for that is kijiji. Offer up seems like such a wicked thing but we just dont have the population base for those kind of specific things. Maybe I'm wrong. Wish we did though.

And wow thank you. I must say I really love reading comments like that. You're very very kind. I'm really not all that great to be honest. I stumble a lot with projects. Having to redo them all the time and with folks like Zach, Brad, rick and Dave I'm no where near as busy as I used to be. I find i actually enjoy buying beat frames and painting what i want or customizing what i want to anything really. Instead of having an idea tossed at me and struggling to make it look nice. I fair much better when there isnt pressures of performance at the end product. . Its totally ok though. Those dudes have it all right and I completely understand why a lot of folks dont like sending stuff over the boarder. It's too dangerous with the customs agents the way they are. For me there is nothing more fun than being creative on my own and selling what I have come up with. Some of these sold without having to list too. Let's hope the MD frame continues to come up at decent prices and come out of the woodwork in droves. Again thank you my friend. You are very kind..

For me I just think the MD frame is such a great canvas. Tons of greatness and space there to make some cool ideas come to life. Now if only thr frame fit me well..

I'm going to chime in about Brian's comment that I highlighted.

Nothing is farther from fact.

I've sent many frames to this amazingly talented artist, typically with some pretty specific and outlandish ideas or concepts.

The dude NEVER disappoints.

I've pushed his creativity and talent quite a bit, so when I read that, it just made me laugh. 🤣

Diamonds aren't produced without pressure brother. ;)

Username Hidden said:
I'm going to chime in about Brian's comment that I highlighted.

Nothing is farther from fact.

I've sent many frames to this amazingly talented artist, typically with some pretty specific and outlandish ideas or concepts.

The dude NEVER disappoints.

I've pushed his creativity and talent quite a bit, so when I read that, it just made me laugh. 🤣

Diamonds aren't produced without pressure brother. ;)
He’s right you know! There’s an art to anything you do and sometimes the pressure (all though it may not seem it at the time) will make you work to make it better