• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question about Rx lenses in Oakley Blender 6B [Polished Midnight]

DaveTheBatMan

Oakley Beginner
Hi --

About 2 years ago, I was in LensCrafters and saw these frames -- love at first sight. Because of my own stupidity, I bought them after Oakley stopped manufacturing them, but now I have the frames that I love so much. yay.

I sent the frames to an online eyeglass company (Overnight Glasses | Prescription Glasses Delivered Overnight ) along with my (then) new (near- and far- sighted) Rx. Despite five attempts to create and recreate the lenses to my Rx, they're always bad; the lenses look fine but, when I put them on, it's like I'm wearing someone else's Rx.

They can't seem to get my (correct and working) Rx into the frames, and I'd started wondering (somewhere around attempt #2) if there might be some sort of weird problem making lenses for these particular frames -- especially given their extreme curvature (and, therefore, distance from my eyeballs). I contacted Oakley support and directly asked them if there's something that a lens-maker needs to know in order to correctly make Rx lenses for these frames. They said:

Regrettably, we do not have that information to give out and we would not be able to give that information out if we had it.
If you would like to receive replacement prescriptions lenses for you Blenders, you will need to contact an authorized dealer of Oakley. LensCrafters and Pearle Vision are both authorized dealer of Oakley and are able to send orders to our lab for replacement Rx Lenses.

So... that non-answer wasn't super-helpful, but it at least suggests that I might be able to take the frames to either LensCrafters or PearleVision and get usable lenses.

Does anyone have any thoughts or advice? Are these frames really that difficult, or is that online company simply unable to do a good job? (Or, something else?)

Thanks for any help you can provide -- Happy Monday!

I think you misunderstood the response from Oakley. Going to an authorized Oakley dealer IS how you get prescription Oakley eyeglasses. Use the dealer lookup on the Oakley website to find a dealer near you that is also an optician. Or sometimes you can just tell an optician is a dealer when their office has a prominent Oakley display of glasses. Bring them your frame and prescription, and they should be able to send it to the Oakley lab who manufactures and installs the lenses. Typically the optician would rather you buy the frame from them too, which you won't be doing, but they will still be making money off the lenses and service (it's not cheap to do) so I would think they would still be OK with it. I got mine about 3 years ago on the same blender frame. As I say, they were quite expensive and also the wait time was really long, but I'm still glad I did it. It might be an issue that your frame is an older model but according to that response from Oakley, they make it sound as though they still make the lenses for it.

Welcome to the forums.. I have the same Rx frames myself. Purchased online off ebay and took them to my optometrist... there were no issues to get the Rx in the frames.

Hope you get things worked.

Blender 6B.jpg

Thank you to everyone who responded -- it gives me hope that, someday, I'll be able to see, again! :)

More specifically:
dogguira -- SportRX and Reverent sound like good possibilities. Since this debacle has taken over a year, already, I'm going to wait until I get a new Rx before moving forward.
fox1013 -- Yes, it's certainly possible that I misunderstood what they said; in my opinion, they didn't go out-of-their-way to explicitly help me, but that's okay.
Riga Mortis -- Thank you very much!
Dullisc -- Those specs look great on you, which makes me feel better about my purchase. Although I'm usually okay with sending glasses somewhere for the lenses, I think this is one of those occasions where dealing person-to-person would be most helpful.

Thanks again to everyone -- have a great day!

Dave

Last edited:
Back