• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Questions For Jim Jannard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a billionaire why not throw some cash around and make the new improved Oakley,new name and all , maybe even "anonymous" owner. f**k Lux and every other thing you are apart off in regards to sunglasses at this point in time. Imagine what you did when you had limits, what can happen with no limits

Since part of the purchase of Oakley by Lux, was that Jim received a nice chunk of Lux stock, I don't think he wants to say "F Lux". Also, when he was the sole proprietor of Oakley, he had no limits. When he was leading Oakley, after the company went public, he was the major shareholder, probably 51% or better, and once again, he had no limits. What we are wearing and collecting, is proof he created what he envisioned. Read the story on how the sub-zero's were created. That shows he had no limits. Look at how the x-metal line came to be. Who buys a golf club factory and decides to make sunglasses parts so long and narrow out of a metal that is notorious for being difficult to work with? I'll tell you who... Jim Jannard, a man with no limits.

The nice chunk is already his it dont matter what he does or not at this point in time;and if it does matter then thats why I mentioned to have it done anonymously.
Unlimited amount of funds only could come to a person with billions (no limits)not millions in my opinion.
The idea of making better products when he started oakley might not been what he thought would be 25 yrs later when its no longer about quality , but cheap quantity made in china.
I would imagine there comes a time in a persons life when money is no longer a factor or the most important thing and that he would want to be proud once again of a name he created and developed, and not see it go downhill .
I appreciate the input and history, but many ppl on this thread tend to respond for Jim and I think it would be better for the actual Jim to either respond or not to many of these questions

Jim,

Is there a story on the Skull Logo, that you know of?

And are you aware of why it is primarily limited to overseas distribution?

Thanks!

Just going to throw this out there for question/comment for whoever. I asked Oakley about 3 months ago why they havn't made shield/goggles for the Rescue/Fire/EMS organizations. I was told to send an email to the legal people so i did with no answer. This bring up how Hockey/Football started getting their shields did somone in those sports promote it? Anyways just some input. Thanks to everyone and Jim for the conversations!

Just going to throw this out there for question/comment for whoever. I asked Oakley about 3 months ago why they havn't made shield/goggles for the Rescue/Fire/EMS organizations. I was told to send an email to the legal people so i did with no answer. This bring up how Hockey/Football started getting their shields did somone in those sports promote it? Anyways just some input. Thanks to everyone and Jim for the conversations!

I wonder if it has something to do with heat resistance of plutonite?? Thats the only difference I could think of between sports and Fire shields.

Combo Question For Jim and Chop:

Chop, pretend Jim wants you to make him a one-off, what do you make him and why? (pretend you have access to any source material you wanted)

Jim, Chop has made some great custom jobs for people on here. If you were to have a "fan" do a one-off for you what frame would you give him to do up for you and theme of the work done to them?

Hi Jim,

Nice to see you here. Been a great fan of ruby juliets ever since they came out.

I have always wondered why the tint on the ruby lenses vary from the different generations of the production. The general concensus seems to be that there was a change in the production process due to economical reasons and I was hoping you could shed some light on this.

Thank you.

Schenk

Combo Question For Jim and Chop:

Chop, pretend Jim wants you to make him a one-off, what do you make him and why? (pretend you have access to any source material you wanted)

Jim, Chop has made some great custom jobs for people on here. If you were to have a "fan" do a one-off for you what frame would you give him to do up for you and theme of the work done to them?

This, sir, is a GREAT question.

(Well, technically two questions, but you get the point.)

Hey Jim, just wanted to know why you didn't name the x metal xx to Romeo since xmxx is basically a larger(male/masculine size?) Juliet and came around the same time, and Romeo to XX since it has a big @55 "X" for a nose bridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back