• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Quick Poll - Y'all should stop sharing this info! It just makes it harder for people to find donors

Should the "Donor Lens Page 2018" be DELETED or STAY?

• DELETE (I am an Oakley Collector for < 1 year)

• DELETE (I am an Oakley Collector for 1-5 years)

• DELETE (I am an Oakley Collector for 6-10 years)

• DELETE (I am an Oakley Collector for > 10 years)

• STAY (I am an Oakley Collector for < 1 year)

• STAY (I am an Oakley Collector for 1-5 years)

• STAY (I am an Oakley Collector for 6-10 years)

• STAY (I am an Oakley Collector for > 10 years)

• DON'T CARE

Results are only viewable after voting.

cacatman

No one knows 'cacat' like cacatman!!
Staff member
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Dear All,
Just interested in your opinion about the Donor Lens Page I put together here....
Donor Lens Guide 2018 - Quick Reference Guide (cacatman)

A valid criticism is....

"Y'all should stop sharing this info! It just makes it harder for people to find donors!"

What do you think?

I'd be interested in not only your honest vote (either Yes/No), but also an objective comment. Please keep the discussion respectful, as I know some have strong opinions on the matter.

One of my goals here is to serve the O.F. community, so I'll certainly take your opinions seriously and decide what to do, once there's enough feedback to decide.

P.S. The lists I make, take a little bit of time and maintenance, so I'm totally fine to have them removed if they aren't useful!!!

Last edited:
I personally like the information. I'm curious to see the discussion on the "CONS". I guess it's a matter of what is important to the individual and whether they feel the information published helps them in some way or hurts them.

I have acquired lenses with the intention of using them as donors for very specific projects. I was able to do this based on this very list so I am thankful for the list.

I personally like the information. I'm curious to see the discussion on the "CONS". I guess it's a matter of what is important to the individual and whether they feel the information published helps them in some way or hurts them.

I have acquired lenses with the intention of using them as donors for very specific projects. I was able to do this based on this very list so I am thankful for the list.

The CON is that most of the hardcore collectors already know this info and are willing to spend money finding out for themselves.

Making this info so readily available just opens up the market for noobs and moderate enthusiasts to eat up all the donors and make them impossible to find for the most of us. Its hard to explain because there is no statistic for how high it runs prices up or how much more readily available they would be with or without the list but it exists and it craps the market out for the rest of us

The info in this and many others of your lists is extremely useful and I for one appreciate you taking the time to compile them. Knowledge is power. Sharing is caring.

The CON is that most of the hardcore collectors already know this info and are willing to spend money finding out for themselves.

Making this info so readily available just opens up the market for noobs and moderate enthusiasts to eat up all the donors and make them impossible to find for the most of us. Its hard to explain because there is no statistic for how high it runs prices up or how much more readily available they would be with or without the list but it exists and it craps the market out for the rest of us
I'm curious, because you state there is no static for how this affects the market but then finish the sentence that is "craps the market" I'm not quite sure I follow.

Is this just your feeling? If yes, then I can appreciate that, but that would be emotion rather than data supporting your standpoint.

I have no problem with that. I just like to understand the basis behind ones standpoint.

I'm curious, because you state there is no static for how this affects the market but then finish the sentence that is "craps the market" I'm not quite sure I follow.

Is this just your feeling? If yes, then I can appreciate that, but that would be emotion rather than data supporting your standpoint.

I have no problem with that. I just like to understand the basis behind ones standpoint.

There is no physical statistic for it but any logical person would conclude it to be true

Back