• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Quick Poll - Y'all should stop sharing this info! It just makes it harder for people to find donors

Should the "Donor Lens Page 2018" be DELETED or STAY?

• DELETE (I am an Oakley Collector for < 1 year)

• DELETE (I am an Oakley Collector for 1-5 years)

• DELETE (I am an Oakley Collector for 6-10 years)

• DELETE (I am an Oakley Collector for > 10 years)

• STAY (I am an Oakley Collector for < 1 year)

• STAY (I am an Oakley Collector for 1-5 years)

• STAY (I am an Oakley Collector for 6-10 years)

• STAY (I am an Oakley Collector for > 10 years)

• DON'T CARE

Results are only viewable after voting.
There is no physical statistic for it but any logical person would conclude it to be true
Maybe....maybe not.

I would agree that publishing such a list "could" and "most likely" does affect the market. My question would be how much? And how much affect would it be to qualifying it "crapping" the market.

That could also be a matter of opinion as well...LMAO. One man's crap is another man's fertilizer.

Since the list was published have you noticed a decline in lenses you've acquired? If so how much?

I could see the other con being those who use this info to cut and resel pairs as NOS Rare items. One eBay user tends to have rare OEM pairs readily available for older styles at jacked up pricing. Average person just looking to buy replacements assume they are originals, when they were cut. You could say they are still OEM, but it’s dishonest as they weren’t originally cut for that frame.

Then again, I have no evidence that they aren’t original pairs, and they may have never seen this massive list of information.

Back