• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

R1 as a wear pair?

I love the old school colored labels. I'm grabbing the matching sets as they pop up. When I got the R1 BI, I had the chose of a jordon R1 matching or the colored one matching. I'm guessing most wouldn't have. :)

Jordan R1 complete matching set is my x metal grail...... ugh I’m such an idiot for not picking one up when I had the chance

Jordan R1 complete matching set is my x metal grail...... ugh I’m such an idiot for not picking one up when I had the chance
I'll keep an eye out for you. Times like this I regret not paying up for premium and have unlimited messages. I'm horrible with names and I deleted the messages with the member that was offering it.

I’ve been daily wearing metals for close to 20 years.
The Juliet & XX’s feel like air, can wear all day no issues.
The XS’s are tune dependant, once adjusted, super comfortable as well, even for all day.

The R1 places more pressure on the nose, in a smaller area than the others in my experience.
After a few hours, I can feel the contact points on my nose unlike the other metals.

Additionally for me, I’ve found customized R1’s fit better, than OEM.
They wrap more around the edges, and are a bit looser.

And they are such a beautiful frame to look at, one of the best pairs of sunnies made IMHO.

I have a pair in my rotation, wear them weekly. Don’t be afraid to wear them. Recommend pulling OEM lenses for display only if you are worried about cracks.

So... I'm eying this R1. Including coin, mf bag, non-X-metal Oakley hardcase and black Oakley custom box. Purple earsocks and temple shox, purplish lenses but not Violet iridium. Looks to be in great shape for great price. Seller claims is has been "serviced at Oakley England" and never worn afterwards. Seller has good ratings

I'm a bit hesitant to share pics here at this point, but does this sound realistic?

Back