• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Racing Jacket (fka Jawbone) revival?

I have those Carbon frames as posted by the OP.
They have been out for over 2 months. Got them since. Build quality poor and the Carbon does come with an extra set of BI lenses.
Not worth that MSRP.....did not pay that much, so not frowning as much.

My daily goal!
No surprise the RJ is gettin' pimped.
They're all over the Pro Peloton (still)!
sptdw90024_670.jpg

If you take a look at pics from past years, Geraint Thomas has mostly preferred using Racing Jackets over other designs. Even when his teammates were using Radar EVs,Jawbreakers and others. Almost always he uses white ones as in the pic,btw.

Yet for some reason Oakley cancelled my earsocks and said they didn'thave nosepieces... Still prefer Radars for cycling and Splits for normal use, but thr RJ is a very nice frame

Yet for some reason Oakley cancelled my earsocks and said they didn'thave nosepieces... Still prefer Radars for cycling and Splits for normal use, but thr RJ is a very nice frame

Local store had like, 2 sets of earsocks left when I last went for some, and they were no longer bundled with nosepieces. My backup resource will likely be Revant for the earsocks. Have yet to actually wear out a nosepiece set. Seems like the bonded setups last longer than the slip-ons since the rubber has nowhere to creep.

Local store had like, 2 sets of earsocks left when I last went for some, and they were no longer bundled with nosepieces. My backup resource will likely be Revant for the earsocks. Have yet to actually wear out a nosepiece set. Seems like the bonded setups last longer than the slip-ons since the rubber has nowhere to creep.

Oakley lists the earsocks as in stock, but Oakley Europe is a mess at the moment. I stocked up on nosepieces so I'm good there :D

i have couple of Jawbones and racing jackets....
and besides the mentioned differences i feel.the built quality of Jawbones is much higher imho!
seems like better matterial imho....the Jawbones i have feels much tighter the stems joining the orbitals area,no wobbling around....i have couple of bnib ones including echelon,but the racing jackets all 3pairs i have also bnib they feel not as tight and more flex in nose bridge area,stems hinges....pretty much in all areas...is possible the went to cut the production costs way cheaper with RJs?