• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deal Rare Find Pedestal Cube with LED array

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why on earth would they clip the power wires on the battery packs? Is there enough wire on the battery pack side to repair it, or is it clipped right at the termination to the battery pack?
Those look to be Tamiya connectors. Could you put a female on the AC adapter in order to plug in the LED array to 110 volt power?

Some people reacted to this post.
yeah, not sure why they clipped them, it did look like a nice setup though with two packs and a charger, probably used for tradeshows where there was no/limited power. I could just put a female on or just hot wire a powerbrick somewhere, I am just afraid that once I get it working I will have to keep it =).

Was this on all of the pedestal displays or select ones? Definitely a neat piece and o have never seen one lit up before!

I don’t think those examples are the same though as the lay do not have the led base which is what makes this model more unique.

Username Hidden said:
I don’t think those examples are the same though as the lay do not have the led base which is what makes this model more unique.

Yup,i gotcha...with the drawer sliding out. I remembered the perferations in the bottom,but the devil is in the details,right? Sorry for clogging the thread. :headbang:

So yeah, tapping into the power source directly and not through the batteries causes the LEDs to blink intermittently like someone is sending out an SOS. It looks like it needs more juice, I will research and try to get lit up... maybe a video? The light is really nice and even but not overpowering. Not sure how else to explain it but will try to figure it out!

Username Hidden said:
So yeah, tapping into the power source directly and not through the batteries causes the LEDs to blink intermittently like someone is sending out an SOS. It looks like it needs more juice, I will research and try to get lit up... maybe a video? The light is really nice and even but not overpowering. Not sure how else to explain it but will try to figure it out!

Wait, you tapped in using the AC adapter and 110 volts and you’re getting that result?

Sent from my iPhone XX on Mars.

Username Hidden said:

Are those LED's even rated for 120V? Your "power pack" (known as a "Driver") was most likely to reduce or change the voltage from 120 to 12v or 24v... AC to DC (most likely). Since you had batteries inline,I would imagine it's converting to DC. AC would flicker because it's alternating current @ 60 cycles per second...whereas DC doesn't fluctuate...amongst a couple other factors.
You to examine the lamps for their rating,as well as the transformer / driver. an LED is a "Light Emitting Diode" unlike most 120v lighting applications...a filament or a gas.

That's my guess from what lil info I/we have.

Last edited:
Username Hidden said:
Wait, you tapped in using the AC adapter and 110 volts and you’re getting that result?

Sent from my iPhone XX on Mars.
Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back