• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deal Rare Find Pedestal Cube with LED array

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Username Hidden said:
Are those LED's even rated for 120V? Your "power pack" (known as a "Driver") was most likely to reduce or change the voltage from 120 to 12v or 24v... AC to DC (most likely). Since you had batteries inline,I would imagine it's converting to DC. AC would flicker because it's alternating current @ 60 cycles per second...whereas DC doesn't fluctuate...amongst a couple other factors.
You to examine the lamps for their rating,as well as the transformer / driver. an LED is a "Light Emitting Diode" unlike most 120v lighting applications...a filament or a gas.

That's my guess from what lil info I/we have.

The voltage is 12v on the brick but because of the battery pack, as you mentioned it looks like DC. the LED panel is definitely custom and requires disassembly to see what components are actually inline. Might be easier to just solder back the battery pack and call it a day.

Some people reacted to this post.
@Kalaika33 not quite Bay Area but you can make it here in an hour when there is no traffic, or speed limits.

Username Hidden said:
@Kalaika33 not quite Bay Area but you can make it here in an hour when there is no traffic, or speed limits.
hahahahah No speed limit....
Thanks for the heads up tho.

bump for price drop

Pm’d Ya

Bump make an offer!

bump. get this outta my garage!

Yeah, $50 without the led array. A steal... but I need the space. If I had a storage place nearby I would get one but...

Bump fo da weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back