• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Recent Purchase of Oakley X Squared

MikeD

Oakley Enthusiast
Hey guys, I am a huge Oakley fan. I have had 3 pairs of Oakley X Squared, but lost 2 of them. I have a pair of Carbon Oakley X squared, but was really missing the X Metal color. I went to ebay and found a pair of Oakley X Squared in the X metal that came with the box and the coin. I purchased them. Before I received the glasses, I got a message from the seller that said that when they were packaged, they noticed a small scratch on the lens that wasn't there before. I appreciated the honesty, but it threw my guard up a little. When I received them, some things seemed a little off. First, the box said that they were carbon, but they were actually X Metal color. The side rubber pieces on the stem were a little too long, and didn't fit as nicely as my current pair. On the nose bridge, one hex screw worked with my wrench, but the other side is rounded and will not turn with my wrench. The coin itself is off in color, even though the markings are the same as my other two coins. I contacted the seller about the color of the box vs. the actual color of the frames, and he stated that the frame was originally carbon, but then they were worked on with refinished work making it x metal frame (his words). I never realized you could get a process done to make a carbon frame an x metal color. Is this legit? I appreciate your help and feedback.

There are guys here who make brilliant x metal refinish and also tons of other custom things. I'd say send them back and buy your 100% legit glasses here without unmatching rubbers, wrong colors, crooked screws and other BS. Once you meet the requirements you can enjoy the exchange section which will give you nice deals on any O you need.

Agreed. Ebay is just to find really good deals when people list stuff and don't know what it is or what its worth. Otherwise what you find on here is better priced, more accurate, and more trustworthy.

Depending on what you paid you may just want to return it buddy. You can get a good XS from a reliable seller on the exchange. Depending on the condition it is in, you may have overpaid.

Ebay is great for gambles on value when they present. It burns you sometimes and sometimes you hit big. You just have to be cautious with your risk. Last week alone I was burned on one and got great value on a few others.

I do believe that these are genuine Oakley X Squared. I am not sure how good the knock offs are. I paid 350 for them. But I know alot of the rubber pieces are not genuine Oakley. I wasn't familiar about the process of taking a carbon frame and making them X metal.

I do believe that these are genuine Oakley X Squared. I am not sure how good the knock offs are. I paid 350 for them. But I know alot of the rubber pieces are not genuine Oakley. I wasn't familiar about the process of taking a carbon frame and making them X metal.
Return. Theres 3 or 4 XM XS for sale for less with OEM rubbers on here.

Back