• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Removing Frame Name - Splice Gunmetal

YIKES!!!!

I definitely understand where you're coming from. Each has their own preference. It just hurts seeing a perfectly clean logo rubbed off haha. They're hard to find like that!

I'd guess he wants the logo erased because 99% fakes have the logo printed on the nosebridge...and you wouldn't want the world to think you're wearing a fake even though you've got the legit stuff. I'd personally avoid buying any models with 'Oakley' printed on the nosebridge for this very reason

I agree with what most said, if it's not fading, you should not remove it, specially on a rare pair. I personally don't like the "OAKLEY" print on the nose either, but I dig WJ/RJ and would never remove the print, even if it's not that rare. But hey, you own them, and you can do whatever you want with them. I see people buying perfect Mars Craters, then ruining them quite frequently, and as much as it sucks to watch, they own them, and it's their choice

View attachment 672290

That’s why I can’t get a crater at a decent price, there isn’t any left in OEM condition. The days of OEM x metals finishes will soon be over. When that happens I can justify paying $700 for a beater plasma XX.

I'd guess he wants the logo erased because 99% fakes have the logo printed on the nosebridge...and you wouldn't want the world to think you're wearing a fake even though you've got the legit stuff. I'd personally avoid buying any models with 'Oakley' printed on the nosebridge for this very reason
Friend, I wouldn't mention this detail, but since you said it. Indeed, especially in my country, where Oakley has become an epidemic of fakes, and in 95% of models, including x-metal, has the name "Oakley" engraved on the frame. And really, I find them prettier with no name, the writing "Oakley" in Flak 2.0 for example is thin and smooth. In Splice the writing is very rough. And yes, after several opinions, I removed the name yesterday.

I agree with what most said, if it's not fading, you should not remove it, specially on a rare pair. I personally don't like the "OAKLEY" print on the nose either, but I dig WJ/RJ and would never remove the print, even if the pair is not that rare, just to keep them as original as possible. But hey, you own them, and you can do whatever you want with them. I see people buying perfect Mars Craters, then ruining them quite frequently, and as much as it sucks to watch, they own them, and it's their choice

View attachment 672290

In the case of Splice, I removed it because most models don't have the name on the frame, so I don't think it affects that much. But if 100% of the Splices had the name, I wouldn't remove it.

Name removed. Thanks everyone for the info!

I will do the same with my Chrome Black on the way.

Splice1.jpg

Splice2.jpg

Latest Posts

Back