• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Repairing O-Matter Frames

Nice write up. I’ll add one adhesive to the mix. Being I work in aerospace and kinda play all day lol my past experiences with numerous adhesives I’d recommend ea9309.3 this one in particular solely as it has great elasticity and is microbial filled with micro beads to help adherence a shear strength from flexing. It’s used on the leading edge bonding of titanium caps the rotor blade spars. Might cost a bit more than JB weld but that’s what I’d go after.

Nice write up. I’ll add one adhesive to the mix. Being I work in aerospace and kinda play all day lol my past experiences with numerous adhesives I’d recommend ea9309.3 this one in particular solely as it has great elasticity and is microbial filled with micro beads to help adherence a shear strength from flexing. It’s used on the leading edge bonding of titanium caps the rotor blade spars. Might cost a bit more than JB weld but that’s what I’d go after.
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but the descriptions for that stuff (ea9309.3) indicates it is for bonding metal to honeycomb core. Would it work on plastic-to-plastic?

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but the descriptions for that stuff (ea9309.3) indicates it is for bonding metal to honeycomb core. Would it work on plastic-to-plastic?
It’s microbial filled with plastic beads. Only issues would be it’s super runny and needs to thicken before application or it’ll make a mess. I’ve used it for many other things beyond the scope of Henkel with success. I wouldn’t have mentioned it if I didn’t feel it wasn’t a good alternative.

It’s microbial filled with plastic beads. Only issues would be it’s super runny and needs to thicken before application or it’ll make a mess. I’ve used it for many other things beyond the scope of Henkel with success. I wouldn’t have mentioned it if I didn’t feel it wasn’t a good alternative.
Thanks!

Just looked up a Hilco Hot Fingers, and the description does sound a lot like what I am doing. Not sure if the hinges might be too long for some applications. I have heard others use carbon fiber rods too.

Latest Posts

Back