• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Replacement for Oakley A Frame 1.0 VR50 Pink Iridium Lens - suggestions?

kucci

Oakley Beginner
Hi everyone, hope I didn't violate the rule on my first post... does anyone have any recommendations on how to replace my Oakley A Frame 1.0 VR 50 Pink Iridium Lens? Unfortunately I've emailed Oakley and they've replied that it's been discontinued and do not have any parts, my local store (Asia) also does not cover snow goggles. I've tried google searching but not much luck...

(1) does anyone know if the gold iridium is a good replacement? or any other variants?
(2) are there any other sites which sells old stock of lens that my googling skills may have missed? I've tried snowinn, absolute snow, sportsrx, prolens...

Many thanks!

Hi everyone, hope I didn't violate the rule on my first post... does anyone have any recommendations on how to replace my Oakley A Frame 1.0 VR 50 Pink Iridium Lens? Unfortunately I've emailed Oakley and they've replied that it's been discontinued and do not have any parts, my local store (Asia) also does not cover snow goggles. I've tried google searching but not much luck...

(1) does anyone know if the gold iridium is a good replacement? or any other variants?
(2) are there any other sites which sells old stock of lens that my googling skills may have missed? I've tried snowinn, absolute snow, sportsrx, prolens...

Many thanks!
Gold Iridium is going to be double the darkness of your vr50 pink iridium (46% VLT), iircc Gold Iridium (23% VLT) and the Field Of View is going to be more bronze on the gold iridium. Unless you're looking at vr50 Gold Iridium (35% VLT) in which case its be a bit darker and make for a better all around len option for all weather conditions, atleast imo 25-35% VLT was the sweet spot for me as a lens that could handle just about any weather.

While your model is discontinued and because of how long it's been since retired (8+ years), sourcing a replacement lens might cost you a hefty fee and your lens options will likely be limited to what's available on ebay (AUS or UK has better selection). If you're set on seeing what you can find for your own model, I'd suggest searching via specific sku numbers for goggles, ie; Oakley A Frame "01-035" Pink Iridium VR50 - by including the sku you are increasing your chances of actually finding the lens you are after, rather than another vr50 pink for another model.
In doing that search you'll see a website gafasonline.es which supposedly has that lens tint - personally I couldn't justify spending the €58 they're asking. That price I could likely buy a 2nd pair of newer goggles which finding lenses for would be much easier/less costly than it will be for the already outdated A Frame.​
For all lens sku numbers refer to o-review's index​
Something to consider if the A Frame 1.0 you own is beginning to wear/may need replacing in near future - such as; facial foam is peeling away from the frame, vent foam on top is torn/missing, the strap is outstretched/too short to go over helmet comfortably.

It may be worth upgrading to a more recent model given you are currently in position when you are going to need to invest money into them for them to be usable again. The total cost of replacing the lens for your older model may cost you more than a later production model in used condition. Even looking at recently discontinued 2nd hand examples like; Crowbar / Splice / Canopy / Airbrake (not XL) should still have a decent inventory of lenses left in some stores.​

Not sure what part of Asia you're located in, but iirc Rakuten is a marketplace that are based out of Japan, they offer a brand called Zero personally I'm not a fan of their replacements but I do recall they were rather affordable and offered something similar to pink ird.

There's also Japanese Mercari Market place, which has some very cool Oakley's I wish there N.American website would offer ha.

Hi I can source you airbrake,canopy,crowbar,fall line,a frame 2.0,,o frame 2.0 XL,Stockholm plus few others or I've new old stock airwave plus others

IMG_4678.jpeg

IMG_3287.jpeg

IMG_3285.jpeg

IMG_5095.jpeg

Back