• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Reporting counterfeits on Oakley.com: does it help?

delarscuevas

I should Work at Oakley
Netherlands
Hiya,

getting fed up by the stream of fake Oakley shades on Dutch classified free ads site www.Marktplaats.nl . Seems to be getting worse. Selling fakes is illegal in The Netherlands. Repeatedly reporting them there does not have any effect. I don't know if this is caused by lack of capacity, lack of care, or if ose ads are payed for.

So, I just reported some ads of obvious fakes sellers on the Dutch report counterfeits pages on oakley.com. My question: Has anybody gotten feedback from, or seen results of reporting counterfeits on Oakley.com in your country?

Just curious. Cheers, Lars

Ezekkel is vigyázzatok, nagyon szemét minőségek!
Ahttps://www.suninsun.com/
Screenshot_20210514-153005_Chrome.jpg

Even that site says flat out that they are fake.

Maybe stop buying things that clearly say that they are fake or sites claiming to sell their entire lineup for 10% the retail price.

I don't know what to tell you except maybe learn a little.

Bump! had an interesting telephone conversation yesterday, thought I'd might share.

Apparently Luxottica outsources their brand production in the Netherlands, because I was contacted by the law firm that does just that. One of their lawyers liked to know if I had any more information on one of the counterfeits I reported on Oakley.com/nl a while ago (pa*34 on MP). Which I didn't have, by the way.

He told me that since the internet, and given the fact that up until recently Dutch customs did not check (nor VAT!) smaller parcels from the far east, counterfeits have become a true plague.

For small sellers, they have a tool to autonomously remove listings from the biggest Dutch classifieds site. Bigger fish face legal trouble.

Then he thanked me and invited me to send any future reports directly to him, since they will end up on his desk anyway.

My conclusion so far: Reporting on oakley.com does help.

Cheers, Lars

Last edited:
Back