• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

ROMEO 2 serial / sku etching?

thermalboyz

Oakley Enthusiast
UK
Hi all,

I just want to know if Romeo 2 has some kind of etching similar to other x metal on the frame? How to find out the sku if no box and lenses no longer OEM?

Thanks all

the first "generation" or "release" of the R2 with the two piece box has no markings (it is a 4th Xmetal therefore no markings at all iirc). The second "generation" or "release" (with the new 3-piece box) has the SKU on the stem just like 5th Gen Juliet/XX.

You should have no problem identifing the SKU even when not mentioned on the frame as there is only one Xmetal version (BIP), one Plasma (GI with rootbeer unobtainum), one polished (TI) and one carbon (BI) ... well actually the carbon frame has the GS release with the signed fire lenses but without the lenses the frame is just a normal carbon R2 as it was only issued in the frist "generation"/"release".

One thing I noticed: Up until today I have not seen a real life second "generation" or "release" of the plasma R2 - but Xmetal, Carbon and Polished all have two "releases"/"generations" that I actually saw or had in my collection.

Back