• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

RX Question

sicksix

Oakley Beginner
I went today to my local Oakley store and ordered some Airdrop RX glasses as also inquired about possibly getting RX Fuel Cells but my cylinder is -3.25 and they only go to -3.0! My question is why are there aftermarket lenses out there that can do it but Oakley cannot? Wouldn’t Oakley have more of the ability to do it than smaller companies? Who would you trust to do this sort of thing and not have thick lenses? Fuse, Revant or who?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I’m blind as a bat and can never have Oakley RX anymore, I go to my eye doctor and they make thin lenses that will work in Oakley’s and I agree Oakley should up their game for RX lenses

I think the problem with some RX’s comes with more of the frames that wrap around. I’m blind as a bat too, and just got my RX in a set of Holbrooks. I think they can put virtually anything in a Frogskin as well because they have less of a base curve. I have had a couple sets of RX Juliets over the years, but my astigmatism is too bad now to get my RX in an X-Metal. 😕

I think the problem with some RX’s comes with more of the frames that wrap around. I’m blind as a bat too, and just got my RX in a set of Holbrooks. I think they can put virtually anything in a Frogskin as well because they have less of a base curve. I have had a couple sets of RX Juliets over the years, but my astigmatism is too bad now to get my RX in an X-Metal. 😕

I am right there with you. I have bad astigmatism. Is it worth trying to use these aftermarket companies to try and make your lenses or just pick something that is flatter and go with Oakley lenses? Well hell guy at Oakley said I was still .25 off their abilities for even Holbrooks! I would be happy with those frames for sure!

Back