• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

School me please. Blue lenses.

Geez yall make **** so confusing....

Blue iridium
Ice iridium
OO Blue iridium

These are all 3 different colors of iridium. This is the color of the coating applied to the outside of the lens.

Blue iridium has 2 different lenses. The old school blue has an amber base. That's like old mumbos.

The new Blue Iridium (like the polished juliet) has a grey base.

Ice has a grey base too but the iridium is darker that the blue above so it's a darker lens.

OO Blue is it's own iridium and is also on a grey base, though the OO Blue coating on the outside mixes with the grey base and gives it a bit of a rosy tint when looking through.

Than you have Deep Blue Polar. This is actually a Blue Iridium coating on top of a vr28 base, which ironically gives a grayish tint when looking through.

Theres more but nobody has mentioned any so I'll leave it out.
Trumpsters not around, but would mention Vr28 Blue, and where they fit in, unless that’s like the Deep Blue Polar. I know the new Valves have that. Very nice deep blue. Going to make some awesome cuts.🙏
I should compare those with the 3 sets of Vr28 Blue I have.

Last edited:
What about any aftermarket brands for lenses?
Most people here don’t do aftermarket, but if you want to go that way, linegear japan are the best out there, their NXT ice lens is quite similar to the Oo blue oakley lens. You can see the soecs and base tint on their website, as for other brands I think they are trash, but some people like revant and fuse

Most people here don’t do aftermarket, but if you want to go that way, linegear japan are the best out there, their NXT ice lens is quite similar to the Oo blue oakley lens. You can see the soecs and base tint on their website, as for other brands I think they are trash, but some people like revant and fuse
Most people here actually DO use aftermarket lenses 😐

22CA75C3-B659-45A7-AC2A-9BAE7694314F.jpeg

Most people here actually DO use aftermarket lenses 😐
I can’t believe that, the aftermarket lense in general are way worse that oakley, and linegear japan are the only ones worth a shot (dillons are a weird exception since they offer something unique). I could never see myself wearing reveant or fuse or thise 15 buck lenses out there

Got it, thanks

I can’t believe that, the aftermarket lense in general are way worse that oakley, and linegear japan are the only ones worth a shot (dillons are a weird exception since they offer something unique). I could never see myself wearing reveant or fuse or thise 15 buck lenses out there
Yes, I understand that, but you're saying most people here don't use aftermarket lenses, when in reality, most people do...

even the most active members with the most posts have aftermarket lenses mixed in with their OEM lenses...

Back