• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

School me please. Blue lenses.

Geez yall make **** so confusing....

Blue iridium
Ice iridium
OO Blue iridium

These are all 3 different colors of iridium. This is the color of the coating applied to the outside of the lens.

Blue iridium has 2 different lenses. The old school blue has an amber base. That's like old mumbos.

The new Blue Iridium (like the polished juliet) has a grey base.

Ice has a grey base too but the iridium is darker that the blue above so it's a darker lens.

OO Blue is it's own iridium and is also on a grey base, though the OO Blue coating on the outside mixes with the grey base and gives it a bit of a rosy tint when looking through.

Than you have Deep Blue Polar. This is actually a Blue Iridium coating on top of a vr28 base, which ironically gives a grayish tint when looking through.

Theres more but nobody has mentioned any so I'll leave it out.
Now that’s some good knowledge. Thank you Prez!

Geez yall make **** so confusing....

Blue iridium
Ice iridium
OO Blue iridium

These are all 3 different colors of iridium. This is the color of the coating applied to the outside of the lens.

Blue iridium has 2 different lenses. The old school blue has an amber base. That's like old mumbos.

The new Blue Iridium (like the polished juliet) has a grey base.

Ice has a grey base too but the iridium is darker that the blue above so it's a darker lens.

OO Blue is it's own iridium and is also on a grey base, though the OO Blue coating on the outside mixes with the grey base and gives it a bit of a rosy tint when looking through.

Than you have Deep Blue Polar. This is actually a Blue Iridium coating on top of a vr28 base, which ironically gives a grayish tint when looking through.

Theres more but nobody has mentioned any so I'll leave it out.
So....ice has a blue base then?

I have Ice, Blue Iridium and Deep Blue Polarized. I will post picks tomorrow while looking through. Someone will need to post some OO Blue Iridium. I don’t have that one.

I'll send some immigrants to your front door.

donald-trump1.jpg

Back