• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Seasonal lenses

Kingme

I am Jim Jannard...
Southern California
Do any of you have seasonal lens preferences? Not necessarily your favorite outer color, but more so how the clarity and your vision looking through the lenses.

When I first got my Prizm snow torch it was late spring and seemed to be letting in a little too much light during the summer, but for Fall its amazing. The Fall colors really pop with these.

The lenses I prefer looking through for each season would be:

Fall -Prizm snow torch

Winter -VR28

Spring - pretty much anything. Mostly whatever outer color I feel like.

Summer - Prizm Black or DWP

Nah, the sun's the sun. I just have different shades for different activities/brightness.
My Clifdens are my go to on the slopes or on the beach because of the full eye coverage. I have some low tint non-Oakley sunglasses for overcast days if I'm feeling like Robert Downey Jr.

I love prizm tungsten in the fall, it makes all the various colors pop! In summer I seem to prefer prizm black and prizm dark golf. In winter time I honestly just like black iridium polarized as it dims all the reflection off the snow and ice.

long answer yes, I like different lenses in different seasons 😀

Haven't owned Oakley long enough to get to a winter stage, but I feel like if it's not blinding sun on top of sheets of snow then it's gonna be Prizm Trail all year.

But when the snow comes, I'm definitely going to be trying my Clifden with Prizm Snow Sapphire, it already works very well for the beach in full sun.

Do any of you have seasonal lens preferences? Not necessarily your favorite outer color, but more so how the clarity and your vision looking through the lenses.

When I first got my Prizm snow torch it was late spring and seemed to be letting in a little too much light during the summer, but for Fall its amazing. The Fall colors really pop with these.

The lenses I prefer looking through for each season would be:

Fall -Prizm snow torch

Winter -VR28

Spring - pretty much anything. Mostly whatever outer color I feel like.

Summer - Prizm Black or DWP
Could not agree more on Prizm Snow Torch for Fall. Emerald and Ruby are my Summer long stays. Gotta have @Chris A Hardaway cut some Prizm Jade Polar one of these days soon. Seems those might be a good Christmas lense. ;)

IMG_20210927_104716.jpg

Back