• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sellers Requesting PayPal Friends and Family

Your listing needs to include the paypal fees, and your shipping fees should be outlined as well.
"-enforcer"

Hey Everyone,

I have a general question about sending payments to sellers. I have had a few sellers request receiving PayPal’s as Friends and Family (avoid fees, but no protection) vs Goods and services (fees, but protected).

What are everyone’s thoughts on this? Am I being overly cautious by only wanting to send PayPal’s as Goods and services? Thanks!

It is against website rules to request F&F on this forum. It is not against the rukes to use an IBAN though.

Hey Everyone,

I have a general question about sending payments to sellers. I have had a few sellers request receiving PayPal’s as Friends and Family (avoid fees, but no protection) vs Goods and services (fees, but protected).

What are everyone’s thoughts on this? Am I being overly cautious by only wanting to send PayPal’s as Goods and services? Thanks!

Hi Mike. I have done a few deals with you and I don’t ask for f&f payments. Some sellers are reluctant to sell to brand new members because they have no buying history. We have had people come on this site and buy a few higher end items and then file a claim with PayPal saying they didn’t get the correct item or the box was empty and get a refund. Screwing the seller. Once you build a good feedback rating from a few deals sellers will loosen up. I will definitely leave you positive feedback when ours deals are complete.

Hi Mike. I have done a few deals with you and I don’t ask for f&f payments. Some sellers are reluctant to sell to brand new members because they have no buying history. We have had people come on this site and buy a few higher end items and then file a claim with PayPal saying they didn’t get the correct item or the box was empty and get a refund. Screwing the seller. Once you build a good feedback rating from a few deals sellers will loosen up. I will definitely leave you positive feedback when ours deals are complete.

Now that explanation makes perfect sense. In a perfect world, I would love to never see anyone ripped off, buyer or seller. If any seller had mentioned that I could have provided other credentials such as my personal eBay rating, other forum reviews, etc.

You have been great dealing with as well. I will make sure to leave you positive feedback as well.

Latest Posts

Back