• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trading Shaq Timebomb for..

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
$500

Some people reacted to this post.
I can verify it was made for Shaq. I know the person that worked on it and he is legit. He and his wife both worked at Oakley HQ and both were let go in the LUX downsizing.
He also made the Pit Boss Indy 500 sets. He had the bricks lazer cut and he still has some full bricks from the racetrack. He worked on the sports side of Oakley.

Last edited:
thank you for verifying @reggavegga
there are other collectors that know the authenticity of this watch too.

Username Hidden said:
I can verify it was made for Shaq. I know the person that worked on it and he is legit. He and his wife both worked at Oakley HQ and both were let go in the LUX downsizing.
He also made the Pit Boss Indy 500 sets. He had the bricks lazer cut and he still has some full bricks from the racetrack. He worked on the sports side of Oakley.

Was it ever actually owned by Shaq though?

Username Hidden said:
Was it ever actually owned by Shaq though?
I dont see where the seller ever claimed this

there were pictures of Shaq with the watch. I have tried to find them but nobody knows what happened to them. From what I was told he left it at HQ so they could figure out how to make a bracelet that would fit and it sat there for a few years.

Username Hidden said:
I dont see where the seller ever claimed this

I was asking, that’s all. If it was owned by him as a personal item it would increase the price if it could be proven. I’m Just playing devil’s advocate but what is stopping someone from getting the same laser etching on a TB and claiming that it was for him (when it wasn’t) just to increase the price? Pictures would help and I hope the seller is able to find them but how can it be proven that the item in the picture is the actual item being sold? Please don’t take my questions the wrong way. Again I’m not saying it’s not legit, I just don’t know a thing about it.

@hondazcrxsi I don't have an issue with anybody asking the same questions you are asking. There are collectors who know about the watch and I bought it from the guy that worked at HQ. that's why I listed in the ad that there is no documentation on the watch. For those who don't feel comfortable without the paper trail its understandable.

Username Hidden said:
@hondazcrxsi I don't have an issue with anybody asking the same questions you are asking. There are collectors who know about the watch and I bought it from the guy that worked at HQ. that's why I listed in the ad that there is no documentation on the watch. For those who don't feel comfortable without the paper trail its understandable.

Thanks for understanding. The last thing I want to do is piss you off. I was just asking questions I would think anyone who is interested would be wondering. Isn’t there a way you could get it verified somehow though? I got Shaq’s cell phone number

no problem. if you question the authenticity of something and the owner gets pissed off about it theres probably a reason. I did my homework before I bought it. I was comfortable with the info I got before I bought it. Not really a way to verify it unless someone found the pictures.