• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Should replica items be allowed in the Exchanges?

Should replicas be allowed

• Yes

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • No never

Votes: 40 62.5%
  • Only if they don’t have the Oakley logo

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
If sellers are being honest and upfront with their listings and buyers always need to do their research - I have no issue as it is. There any many members here who can assist and verify. Surely, we don't live in a nanny state. If the same buyer is found to be misleading on multiple times by multiple sources - surely their membership can be revoked.

I also don't think replicas should be allowed, and if they are, they should be in a special exchange section specific for replicas
I agree with what your saying. I also said earlier in the thread that a REPLICA EXCHANGE should be in place.

with that being said.

after seeing all the goings on last few pages. Now, I’m thinking differently.

by having a REPLICA EXCHANGE we are trusting that the person selling is going to be honest. Key word *HONEST*

I
believe it’s best those scammers scam on FEEBAY and let the bidder beware. We don’t need that here. I can thank THUGLIFE for showing me a different way. Sadly, lmao I’ll never see a response from the fella cause he’s been ignored and he will waste typing time trying to talk to me. Lmao boy it’s been nice quiet since he’s ignored.

I saw this thread and though, wow 13 pages of quality discussion on a complex topic....

I think “replica” as stated for the poll is broad - I voted yes with the below thoughts:

I love the work of the Artist’s and customizers on this forum. I’ve supported most/all of them and proudly display their -art- in my collections and on my face.

I would like to continue to find these artist and support them on this website.

I do NOT support the selling of fake anything.

My two cents.

For many years, I wanted a pair XX X Metals. Wondered if the fit would be fine. Too small. Too big. Maybe just didn’t fit my face. Wasn’t for me type. I bought a pair and they were just way too small. Sold them. Same has came up recently with the R1. Before spending bukues of dollars I wanted to make sure the fit was right. Shape. Size. Weight. All of it. Nobody I knew had a pair. I wasn’t keen on the idea of spending hundreds of dollars then dealing with reselling. Hoping to get out what you put in. So. I searched for replicas. Found a solid pair. They are heavier than what is stated for an authentic pair, and they don’t bother me. So I know the lighter authentic Oakley ones wouldn’t be an issue on weight. The size is 99% the same. Shape. All of it. I’m ok with replicas to get a general idea of what you’re looking to buy. How it fits and Looks (generically speaking) Etc... is be out $30 if I didn’t like them. Or I spent $30 to decide if I wanted to make a $600 and up investment on a pair. Depends how you look at it. This argument (to me anyways) only holds the little weight it holds for discontinued/older/collectible frames. Whatever frames are not readily accessible or abundant lol.

Just my thoughts

Cleaned this thread. This thread was not calling out any one member and was the direct result of confusion on the forum of whether replicas were allowed or not allowed.

Some really good conversation here thus far - let’s keep it that way. Any posts specific to calling out a member or flaming after this will result in a warning.

Cleaned this thread. This thread was not calling out any one member and was the direct result of confusion on the forum of whether replicas were allowed or not allowed.

Some really good conversation here thus far - let’s keep it that way. Any posts specific to calling out a member or flaming after this will result in a warning.

So how are people going to know who the scammers are that sell outside the forum to forum members? Your feedback system is flawed in that respect

Latest Posts

Back