• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Should replica items be allowed in the Exchanges?

Should replicas be allowed

• Yes

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • No never

Votes: 40 62.5%
  • Only if they don’t have the Oakley logo

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
So how are people going to know who the scammers are that sell outside the forum to forum members? Your feedback system is flawed in that respect
Well it looks like "see something, say something" doesn't apply to this forum. We must all stand by and watch others get scammed and keep our mouths shut. Theres a few people here who will be very happy about that.

Well it looks like "see something, say something" doesn't apply to this forum. We must all stand by and watch others get scammed and keep our mouths shut. Theres a few people here who will be very happy about that.

Yea so what I gather is you can scam all you want elsewhere with fake Oakley items, maybe even direct people from here to where your fake item is posted. If anyone says anything about you scamming outside the forum, well the admins will swoop in and disinfect that thread, once again protecting the scammers. If you happen to buy a fake item from this individual outside the forum, then no feedback can be left for the scammer and since the thread was cleaned no one even knows the scammer is scamming.

This place protects behavior like this whether directly or indirectly

Yea so what I gather is you can scam all you want elsewhere with fake Oakley items, maybe even direct people from here to where your fake item is posted. If anyone says anything about you scamming outside the forum, well the admins will swoop in and disinfect that thread, once again protecting the scammers. If you happen to buy a fake item from this individual outside the forum, then no feedback can be left for the scammer and since the thread was cleaned no one even knows the scammer is scamming.

This place protects behavior like this whether directly or indirectly

I think we've said it before that the forum can't police the entire internet. And for those deals how would even know any facts? It's all hearsay. How do we even know if there was a deal? It's just someone coming to say they had a bad experience don't deal with that person - it could actually be that the person saying it is a scammer, could be they just hate the other person. This is how you just ruin a persons reputation without any due process. The feedback section works to protect deals on the forum and lets both members state their side of a transaction.

I get what everyones saying around protecting members and am thinking through some of this just trying to understand how it actually is fair and how it would ever work.

I think we've said it before that the forum can't police the entire internet. And for those deals how would even know any facts? It's all hearsay. How do we even know if there was a deal? It's just someone coming to say they had a bad experience don't deal with that person - it could actually be that the person saying it is a scammer, could be they just hate the other person. This is how you just ruin a persons reputation without any due process. The feedback section works to protect deals on the forum and lets both members state their side of a transaction.

Ok so you’re saying if someone here wants to scam, just list it soMewhere else and link to it here. That way you are free from any repercussions and the admins got your back when someone calls you out for scamming.

Ok so you’re saying if someone here wants to scam, just list it soMewhere else and link to it here. That way you are free from any repercussions and the admins got your back when someone calls the scammer out?

No thats a fair point, but if its posted here why couldn't they leave feedback if both are members? The requirement for feedback is a valid deal/exchange thread.

But if you go buy something on eBay from clicking around then no I don't think you should be able to come here and post a giant thread flaming at a member for a deal where no one has any details (because it didn't take place here) and with someone who can't even defend themselves. My point is it's all hearsay. Just doesn't seem fair. But I also hear what you're saying and what others have said.

No thats a fair point, but if its posted here why couldn't they leave feedback if both are members? The requirement for feedback is a valid deal/exchange thread.

But if you go buy something on eBay from clicking around then no I don't think you should be able to come here and post a giant thread flaming at a member for a deal where no one has any details (because it didn't take place here) and with someone who can't even defend themselves. My point is it's all hearsay. Just doesn't seem fair. But I also hear what you're saying and what others have said.

You’re assuming they both know each other are members.

You’re assuming they both know each other are members.

Well your example was someone posting an item elsewhere and linking here, so you know they are a member. And if someone see's it on here to buy it...wouldn't they also be a member? Maybe I misread.

If you want to go down that route, then this whole discussion is pointless since someone is able to list anything anywhere and link it here. Meaning even if you say no TM items are allowed, there’s no stopping someone from listing it somewhere else and linking it here

Well your example was someone posting an item elsewhere and linking here, so you know they are a member. And if someone see's it on here to buy it...wouldn't they also be a member? Maybe I misread.

That info was found out long after the item was in the buyer’s hands. The buyer didn’t know the seller was a forum member

Back