• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Should replica items be allowed in the Exchanges?

Should replicas be allowed

• Yes

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • No never

Votes: 40 62.5%
  • Only if they don’t have the Oakley logo

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
@Oakley G I think it will help if the forum leadership provides clarity around the difference between custom artwork (fan art) and replicas. Because the forum has been removing some custom artwork. I could be mistaken, but I suspect that’s what triggered the survey.
I could buy some junk grocery store tshirts, screen print some Oakley designs on them and sell them as "art"...

But they also fall into the category of fake, or replica or bootleg or even custom...

I could buy some junk grocery store tshirts, screen print some Oakley designs on them and sell them as "art"...

But they also fall into the category of fake, or replica or bootleg or even custom...

I hear you. thanks for speaking up.
To me it seems there are 3 categories:
1. Fan Art / customs
2. Aftermarket
3. Counterfeits

and now for an unordered list....
  • If @Ironranger88 and @SiRacer420 spent hours and hours perfecting a custom sunglasses stands, that’s fan art.
  • If @zwc0442 customized some Oakley watches and uses custom color washers, that’s fan art.
  • One of the forums favorite sponsors 😍 @Linegear Japan @Japanese Jellyfish provides awesome aftermarket rubber and lenses. Is that rubber “fake?” I say no it’s not. It’s aftermarket or custom.
  • Are D*llion lenses cut to fit in Oakley’s fake? I say no it’s not. It’s aftermarket or custom.
  • Would an imitation/cast Oakley trophy being sold as the genuine article be acceptable? Never. That’s counterfeit.
  • Would a cheap T-shirt with screen printing being sold as the genuine Oakley article be acceptable? Never. That’s counterfeit.
/ my opinion, thanks for listening.

Last edited:
Anything that’s a straight up replica or fake, shouldn’t be sold. Anything made as a custom, presented as OEM should be banned. I don’t think anyone has ever sold fake items (knowingly) and most customs are very explicitly stated in sale.
I don’t see any issues right now - no need to fix what’s not broke, unless I’m missing something?

1. Fan Art / customs
2. Aftermarket
3. Counterfeits
[*]Would a cheap T-shirt with screen printing being sold as the genuine Oakley article be acceptable? Never. That’s counterfeit.
[/LIST]
Good take, BUT, my proposed TShirt would be designed in the way I want, or in a way that Oakley never produced in OEM Form...

It would be sold as a "custom fan art" TShirt or hoodie

😉👍🏼

Good take, BUT, my proposed TShirt would be designed in the way I want, or in a way that Oakley never produced in OEM Form...

It would be sold as a "custom fan art" TShirt or hoodie

😉👍🏼
Bro, if you made a shirt or hoodie, it would be awesome. Count me in :D 😆

Bro, if you made a shirt or hoodie, it would be awesome. Count me in :D 😆
I "can", but I probably won't lol

I'll tag you in some other shirts I'm making - should be done by tomorrow...

If you love 90's West Coast Hip Hop, you'll be in for a treat 😬

Anything that’s a straight up replica or fake, shouldn’t be sold. Anything made as a custom, presented as OEM should be banned. I don’t think anyone has ever sold fake items (knowingly) and most customs are very explicitly stated in sale.
I don’t see any issues right now - no need to fix what’s not broke, unless I’m missing something?
My take is there is an extreme binary approach some very vocal members have that is being discussed.

Reading this whole thread, everyone agrees *counterfeit* items have no place here. Ahem, those are the *current* rules I do believe...

It seems the concept of inspired creations and deviations from the original are still the sticking point.
(Even with legit legal feedback provided for free)

1. Fan Art / customs
2. Aftermarket
3. Counterfeits

and now for an unordered list....
  • If @Ironranger88 and @SiRacer420 spent hours and hours perfecting a custom sunglasses stands, that’s fan art.
  • If @zwc0442 customized some Oakley watches and uses custom color washers, that’s fan art.
  • One of the forums favorite sponsors 😍 @Linegear Japan @Japanese Jellyfish provides awesome aftermarket rubber and lenses. Is that rubber “fake?” I say no it’s not. It’s aftermarket or custom.
  • Are D*llion lenses cut to fit in Oakley’s fake? I say no it’s not. It’s aftermarket or custom.
  • Would an imitation/cast Oakley trophy being sold as the genuine article be acceptable? Never. That’s counterfeit.
  • Would a cheap T-shirt with screen printing being sold as the genuine Oakley article be acceptable? Never. That’s counterfeit.
Anything portrayed as "real" but is actually replica, should be burned and seller shot, but maybe there could be a section for it... I don't know if there is a market for it though?

I mean, on the other hand, even i own @Spenc stuff and its great. So.....

Is that ‘Ebay’ ‘person’ still in the forum??

It/him/her/that were posting actual fakes for sale for months or even years right here in the exchange and nobody batted an eyelid 😂

Latest Posts

Back