• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Small Cube

OldSchoolLurker

Oakley Expert
Thanks to you enablers my tracking skills have improved and I was able to pick up one of these aluminum small cubes. It needs a little TLC but it should turn out pretty nice. I haven't spent much time checking it out, but it appears that the acrylic panels are riveted in place. Are these panels removable? My plan was to cut new panels for all of the sides and clean up the aluminum a bit.
IMG_4719.jpeg

I haven't had my hands on one of the small cases, but I have 3 single wide's and a double and on all of them the top and bottom corner rivets on the frames are actually aluminum carriage bolts. Once you undue the bolts you should be able to pop the corners off releasing the glass panels.

I was able to update the lock cylinder and cut some new acrylic panels for the shelf and the door. The door came off easily, but the sides and top look like they will take a little more work. It appears I have the bolts you mentioned on the bottom, but not on the top. I'll work on it some more during lunch today.
If anyone else has one of these and needs a new door or shelf let me know. I've got the router to do it and have already done the hard work templating for the holes. For reference it's 3/8" acrylic that was used for both the door and shelf. The sides are a thinner acrylic, most likely 1/8"
And yes, I did get this from a guy selling it in Charlotte.
IMG_4721.JPG

Nice work on the shelf and the door, that came out clean.

Did you flame polish the edges as well?
Thanks, our router polishes the edges so they’re pretty clean…it’s not glossy like a laser or flame polish but it’s very close. I manage a sign/graphics shop and have access to some nice machines…and scrap material.

Out of curiosity what to these weight? I like them but imagine shipping to,Canada if I don’t find one locally would be prohibitively expensive.

Back