• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

“Sold” vs leaving the price on an item rant

Jimbabwe

I’m on a boat
Premium Member
Andros island Bahamas
I feel like I’ve made this post before but can’t find it so oh well. Every time I check prices of other glasses on here before making a purchase I can’t, because the seller has decided to replace the price with “Sold”. At this point some of you may say, “hey, Jim, we do that because we reached another price in pms that was not the same”. Not a good answer, imo with the rise and fall in these glasses and the amount of gouging I see (which is everyone’s right don’t get me wrong) it would be nice for people to just leave the asking price and leave sold next to the price or add the price it sold for. Prices are always changing especially on xmetal, and the easiest way to not screw someone or get screwed is to be able to look at what the item has been sold by before. It’s just annoying to have to take someone’s word for a price of a piece. Rant over ig

I generally leave my prices in the ad, but it depends on how I put up my ads. I often put up 3 or 4 items and put in a bundle price. They end up getting sold individually almost every time, but I don’t go back in and list what they sold for individually...

One issue I see is if an item is listed way high or way low, then people all of the sudden want that price.

I’ve seen this happen a couple of times over the past couple of years. One was an XX frame that sold within minutes for around $275. Then a newbie that had joined put up a buying ad and expected to get that price on a like new frame.

Another is Tron pricing went up when a couple of newbies were willing to pay $1k for one. (One person put up a buying ad stating he would pay $1k and that seemed to start it) Now that’s the standard price being asked. Will they stay that high? Supply and demand will determine this over the long run...

But, I agree that prices should stay in...it helps people later to at least establish a rough idea of prices.

I generally leave my prices in the ad, but it depends on how I put up my ads. I often put up 3 or 4 items and put in a bundle price. They end up getting sold individually almost every time, but I don’t go back in and list what they sold for individually...

One issue I see is if an item is listed way high or way low, then people all of the sudden want that price.

I’ve seen this happen a couple of times over the past couple of years. One was an XX frame that sold within minutes for around $275. Then a newbie that had joined put up a buying ad and expected to get that price on a like new frame.

Another is Tron pricing went up when a couple of newbies were willing to pay $1k for one. (One person put up a buying ad stating he would pay $1k and that seemed to start it) Now that’s the standard price being asked. Will they stay that high? Supply and demand will determine this over the long run...

But, I agree that prices should stay in...it helps people later to at least establish a rough idea of prices.

Actually the price of Trons have been around the 1000 mark for many years now, I bought mine 5 years or 6 years ago at that price, it’s never gone down

I don't want to leave them up because I've had someone quote me before on a previous price I've sold a beater XX frame at. He wanted the exact same price for the new listing.

I used to leave the prices up but now I try to delete them when they sell.

Kind of like why PBI sells complete for $500 almost instantly now?

I can really see both sides of this discussion...

Me too, that's why it becomes an it depends scenario for me. If enough people bust my balls on previous items I've listed at cheaper prices then I start removing prices. If it's not an issue, then I leave prices up.

@Jimbabwe are you trying to buy a Tron pitboss?
No, I don’t wanna spend that much on glasses anymore.

And to adress the other posters. I can understand that it can be an issue with other people quoting prices. But if it’s new vs old pricing they are obviously daft to quote an old pair for a new pair. I just think it’s the only way to keep pricing at an actual “market price” for here

No, I don’t wanna spend that much on glasses anymore.

And to adress the other posters. I can understand that it can be an issue with other people quoting prices. But if it’s new vs old pricing they are obviously daft to quote an old pair for a new pair. I just think it’s the only way to keep pricing at an actual “market price” for here

at the end of the day people either want to sell or they don’t. It’s a buyers market, so if people are firm on their prices they can expect their items to stay listed for a long long time. I personally don’t like paying over original MSPR it I guess it depends on the individual. Stay in there buddy you’ll find what you’re looking for

Back