• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

“Sold” vs leaving the price on an item rant

No, I don’t wanna spend that much on glasses anymore.

And to adress the other posters. I can understand that it can be an issue with other people quoting prices. But if it’s new vs old pricing they are obviously daft to quote an old pair for a new pair. I just think it’s the only way to keep pricing at an actual “market price” for here
at the end of the day people either want to sell or they don’t. It’s a buyers market, so if people are firm on their prices they can expect their items to stay listed for a long long time. I personally don’t like paying over original MSPR it I guess it depends on the individual. Stay in there buddy you’ll find what you’re looking for

As someone who has paid for an oem pair of neat-mint gen1 XX Tio2 above msrp, mind you the pair came with a set oem cc lenses (I am willing to pay for all oem); I am of the opinion that leaving the sell price up post-sale acts as a compendium as to what one should expect.

Per the newbies setting the precedent of what, say a Tron should go for is counter to the point, though I’ve seen some variance from around for mint 750-1000 (the latter being of course as of late by said newbies). Of course an aside to those who flip for profit should in my opinion, censor or redact how much they sold for, for obvious reasons.

Mind you, this is an opinion coming from someone whose presence extends only a little over six months, albeit something of an outsider and still looking for a niche in the forum. Anyways I digress.

As someone who has paid for an oem pair of neat-mint gen1 XX Tio2 above msrp, mind you the pair came with a set oem cc lenses (I am willing to pay for all oem); I am of the opinion that leaving the sell price up post-sale acts as a compendium as to what one should expect.

Per the newbies setting the precedent of what, say a Tron should go for is counter to the point, though I’ve seen some variance from around for mint 750-1000 (the latter being of course as of late by said newbies). Of course an aside to those who flip for profit should in my opinion, censor or redact how much they sold for, for obvious reasons.

Mind you, this is an opinion coming from someone whose presence extends only a little over six months, albeit something of an outsider and still looking for a niche in the forum. Anyways I digress.
I don’t get if you agree or not

at the end of the day people either want to sell or they don’t. It’s a buyers market, so if people are firm on their prices they can expect their items to stay listed for a long long time. I personally don’t like paying over original MSPR it I guess it depends on the individual. Stay in there buddy you’ll find what you’re looking for
I’m not new, nor am I even looking to buy. I just like looking at prices and what stuff is going for if I ever decided I wanted to.. I know how it works, I’m just complaining

Any smart buyer of anything is going to snoop around for the best pricing, and likewise a seller is going to look at past pricing as a benchmark. At the same time, people are allowed to protect themselves. So in my opinion, it doesn't matter. It's a question of when and where something is negotiable.

If a seller lists it for $XXX.XX, does not state OBO or open to offers, then that's what it is. They could be marking up 1000% or whatever. It's subjective. If someone's doing that, I might not want anything to do with them period — or you're just bothering the seller.

This is a forum. The volatility paired with the nature of collecting does make this frustrating, but never assume you can tell someone, through the interwebs, how to price their stuff. If it sits, it sits. Quite frankly it's still their property.

I dont get how some brand new listings appear as locked. This forces any interested parties to direct pm which bypasses the guidelines to have your pm times stamped on the sale post. Why if theres nothing to hide?

I dont get how some brand new listings appear as locked. This forces any interested parties to direct pm which bypasses the guidelines to have your pm times stamped on the sale post. Why if theres nothing to hide?
marking PM on the thread really means nothing...except for letting others know you are interested in the item. The seller is not forced to sell to the first person who PM’d them. It is proper etiquette, but not a rule...

marking PM on the thread really means nothing...except for letting others know you are interested in the item. The seller is not forced to sell to the first person who PM’d them. It is proper etiquette, but not a rule...
Agreed as its only a guideline. Whats the reasoning behind locking a new and unsold post then? Seems counterintuitive.

Back