• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

“Sold” vs leaving the price on an item rant

I like eBay's system of leaving the Buy It Now (asking) price and marking the item "Sold" or "Best Offer Accepted." You can investigate on your own how quickly the sale closed to give you an idea of demand if bought using Buy It Now, or you can see that the seller accepted less than asking and therefore market value is lower than what was listed.

In the case of OF, if asking price and sale price being posted became the norm, I can foresee scenarios where sellers are branded as "gougers" or "high marker-uppers" because the asking and sale prices are significantly different.

Maybe with a objective record of comparable sales, prices could be more firm and negotiation wouldn't be as much of a concern for both parties.

Who wants to make a spreadsheet?!

I like eBay's system of leaving the Buy It Now (asking) price and marking the item "Sold" or "Best Offer Accepted." You can investigate on your own how quickly the sale closed to give you an idea of demand if bought using Buy It Now, or you can see that the seller accepted less than asking and therefore market value is lower than what was listed.

In the case of OF, if asking price and sale price being posted became the norm, I can foresee scenarios where sellers are branded as "gougers" or "high marker-uppers" because the asking and sale prices are significantly different.

Maybe with a objective record of comparable sales, prices could be more firm and negotiation wouldn't be as much of a concern for both parties.

Who wants to make a spreadsheet?!
I can see your point. But I don’t see this kind of petty finger pointing coming from this forum.

Latest Posts

Back