• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Some of my shoes. I'm a massive fan!

Wow Ive never even seen oakley shoes.... It might be time to stray from DC. Are they comfortable?

It very much depends on if you're one of those people that can wear any shoe and be fine, or if you need a last that fits you a certain way. I wear mine every day at work, and while I'm not standing or walking all of the time, I get considerably less foot fatigue than my last couple pairs of work shoes.

I plan on getting a new car in the coming weeks and I wear the SI Assault shoe and boot to work, I'm wanting something a bit softer and thinner to use for casual driving and the only other shoes I own are a pair of Nike runners that are padded like crazy to help ease impact on my bad knee.
You will love a race style or overtake LS style shoe when driving. Perfect for that. Even with a wet sole, grip well on the rubber pedals.

Do you own the Assault shoe or boot such that you can compare size and width? I have a 6" tan boot and a black shoe (which has more grain leather vs the suede in the tan boot), both in 13D, and they fit about the same, which is perfect in length and width for me. My toes can reach the end if I stretch out my foot, but not cramped, and I'm likely right at the limit on width but the 13W felt too loose.
No i don't, yet. I am planning to get a tactical six boot however very soon. Only thing i have close to that is the Flak SQR low. I'me a size US 12, they fit nice and snug like the other oakley shoes.

Wow Ive never even seen oakley shoes.... It might be time to stray from DC. Are they comfortable?
I have had DC shoes, not being biased but Oakley **** over them. For a DC style, go for four barrel, they are super light, comfy as or megajoule low, same reason.

I'm a serious walker, like to walk as much as i can and you wouldn't know what was on your feet. I have a pair of nike shox, heavy compared to oakley. I had a pair of the skate/surf style Spline shoe, wore them for 7 years plus, every day and night, including clubbing. Can't wear them now due to being worn out lol.

Got myself a pair of S.I. Assault 6" boot in desert colour they other day, wow, I'm impressed on the comfort level, grip extra. Quiet to walk on too.

i am very much into shoes but not oakley shoes as of yet. got nearly 100 pairs (converse chucks, one stars and bosey boots, cole haan lunargrands and a lot of others, palladium, sperrys, onitsuka tigers, camper shoes and boots, kenneth cole, testoni, sanuk, johnston and murphy, ed hardy, florsheim, and other brands i forgot at the moment). tried some oakley boots but seemed too bulky for me at the time (got thin calves). but i am loving the racing boots and some others that are posted in this thread. might have to check out a few of them.

do oakley shoes run large (like athletic shoes) of true to size (like casual sneakers and leather shoes)?

do oakley shoes run large (like athletic shoes) of true to size (like casual sneakers and leather shoes)?
Depends on the shoe. My SI and winter boots are both boot sized, 13 fits with a little room. The few athletic type shoes I've had were smaller, probably better served at a 13.5 or 14. Sandals I have are 14 and I wouldn't go smaller. The Race Lows I have are 13 and very snug, I have to wear very thin socks with them.

Rustpot said:
Depends on the shoe. My SI and winter boots are both boot sized, 13 fits with a little room. The few athletic type shoes I've had were smaller, probably better served at a 13.5 or 14. Sandals I have are 14 and I wouldn't go smaller. The Race Lows I have are 13 and very snug, I have to wear very thin socks with them.

S that means i will have to try on the actual shoe and i cannot buy online for a start...thanks for the input...

Back