• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Some of the work I've done.

MD and half jacket done in a gold pearl.

20200608_131056.jpg

20200608_131100.jpg

20200608_131115.jpg

20200608_131130.jpg

20200608_131137.jpg

20200608_131141.jpg

Looks Good. Very Professional. Your purple looks a little darker than the original but is, in itself, a very cool color.

The Dark Purple Polished Juliet is a very cool color. I am normally a black frames guy, but I think the Dark Purple Polished Juliet looks pretty awesome.
ah. I was inferring on what original you were talking about that it is darker than. Because Oakley never released a purple xmetal frame, there were some prototypes but only a few people have seen them in person and that would make it so that you really couldn't compare dark/light quality of coating, etc. Basically, there is no basis to call it darker or lighter than the original because each purple xmetal is an original.

I think the confusion is on my part. I was looking through the photos of some of the work you had done and I thought I saw one where you were comparing the purple you came up with 'an original purple' and I liked the purple you came up with better. But, now that I am looking, I can't find the photo I am talking about, so I am sure the fault is mine. Sorry for the confusion.