• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Spine Cabinet near Phoenix this morning....

I thought they were quite rare?

I’ve seen several for sale over the years, but I’ve seen prices all over for most Oakley cases, it all depends on who’s selling it, allot of people got them for free, and allot of people bought them. So as for value, it’s all what someone thinks it’s worth is, or they don’t care and just want it gone

I've seen private sellers asking for a $1000 for a dusty cabinet in their garage and then an antique store sell the same or similar cabinet for $500 so go figure...
I'm not seeing many at all for sell these days in this area however.

I picked up one for 100 for @TheDukeOfIce, so they are all over the place for price
It was a quite the act of O-Bro generosity!

I was celebrating :)

47DF81E6-09C3-4D3F-90A0-34F4F3A119F9.gif

Case in point about price 🤣

View attachment 905767
That there is a "I dont know what I have situation", I dont see why all the hate on this thread for this case? I find it to be an amazing piece, more delicate than a aluminum or 3.0? Yes... But the side lighting is sweet, the mirrors (if you have them) are a great addition, if your plexi is clean and scratch free these things are beautiful IMO. I own 4 of them, currently more than any other case I have in use. I paid $600 each about 5 years ago here in California, have seen a few disappear quickly off OfferUp and CL in the 1k+ range. But we have a high collector population here, so someone is always looking and nothing good lasts long (people are asking and getting over 1k for aluminum cases, I used to pay $300 for them 10 years ago). To me the 3.0 cases are dull and boring, just my $0.02.

A spine case has been a grail of mine since I started collecting. It's also been a trick to ty to get. I traveled 5 hours to get one once in 2016 for 900 Canadian and it was the only ones I've ever seen for sale here. My Pops and I drove all the way from Toronto to Kingston with a truck and trailer only to have the guy change his mind while we were 15 minutes away. It turned out to be a decent opportunity to hang out with my dad one on one for 10 hours but coming out empty handed after all that was crappy. Since then I've not seen another for sale here. I've had to settle for 3.0 cases and the older aluminum ones. Up here something like this I'd pay 1500US for and travel far to get. Some day maybe. What a beautiful case. Just my opinion. Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder though.

Latest Posts

Back