• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Split Jacket Questions

-=Jeff=-

Oakley Expert
I just bought a pair of Split Jackets from Batwolf

Awesome pair, nice and basically new.

Anyway, they rub my cheeks at times and I am wondering if there is a different nose pad I can get for them?

I am not sure I like them rubbing my cheeks when I wear them, but I need to give them a chance.. these are my only O Matter NON-RX framed oakleys at the moment

Then again, I think the M-frames are the same way

here is how they look :
2011-11-23_15-57-55_132.jpg

Yah, you need the bigger nose bombs. Switching them out is easy. Take out both lenses, leave the jaws in the open position, flip the nose bombs back down to their "lock" position, and then push them out toward the front of the glasses. They should pop right off. To replace them, just snap them back in.

Yah, you need the bigger nose bombs. Switching them out is easy. Take out both lenses, leave the jaws in the open position, flip the nose bombs back down to their "lock" position, and then push them out toward the front of the glasses. They should pop right off. To replace them, just snap them back in.

So like pushing them 'beyond' the lock position they are in right?

^^^ Correct. They'll pop right off. This is from the booklet that comes with the Split Jackets and Jawbones. Figured i'd post it for you since you bought these 2nd hand without the paperwork.

Sorry to sort of highjack your thread, but I have another SJ question...does anyone know if the thru bolts are available anodized on the torx side? I know that the button side (front) is anodized or colored in different choices, but are the torx side always in plain metal (unpainted or unanodized, is that a word?). The reason I ask is because I just saw a pair on eBay for sale and noticed that the thru bolts are not fully tightened down (sticking out a little from the front) and have blue anodized torx bolts on the inside. Are these fake? Everything else looks legit...

Latest Posts

Back