• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Staple Black Fade

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Looking to pick up a pair of Staple black fade Frogskins.
Let me know if you have ideas!

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
Looking to pick up a pair of Staple black fade Frogskins.
Let me know if you have ideas!
saw em on Amazon.com 2 weeks ago... theyre bunched in with all the other frogs in one listing

Last edited:
Those are fakes. Learned the hard way

Username Hidden said:
Those are fakes. Learned the hard way
🤨 wait what...

How is even possible, they're sold though Oakley's Amazon account? You got photos of these fakes by chance?

I sent them back immediately. It isn’t oakleys official account. It’s a fake shop posing as Oakley. Read the reviews.

So you don't have photos of them, like what part of them is faked in which regard... As photos are obviously renderings from website, so curious what you got instead. Is it just a totally different model from what's shown, or looks like someones poor attempt at DIY making their own fakes?

You tip off oakley about the point they're selling fakes?

Last edited:
Username Hidden said:
It isn’t oakleys official account. It’s a fake shop posing as Oakley. Read the reviews.

I read the reviews and they don't provide any viable proof to say one way or another, besides claiming the quality aint there or the hinges are boxy (which is correct for Gen.4 but if you're use to gen.3's I can see how one might assume it'd be fake because of that) - this store front is the one that has them;

www.amazon.com/stores/Oakley/Oakley/page/B526E974-0809-4E2B-A91C-9610396906ED

Mean while searching on here it seems the conclusion is Amazon is an authorized Oakley dealer, an the listing for those STPL frogs is from the official Oakley shop of Amazon. Unless you bought yours through a 3rd party seller without any additional info from your end it'd appear you don goofed yourself...

Last edited:
Hopefully you find the pair your after, but I'm genuinely curious to hear about what made your pair turned out to be fake? As I'm having a tough time finding hard evidence to support your claim, and I've bought a number of items from that oakley seller without ever having any issues or doubts... those only came when I went to score a deal from a 3rd party seller who'd be advertised as an alternative option under the official listings there 😒

https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/TxF31K0QICA4RT/

An example of member suspecting a pair is fake from amazon but turns out it's fine..

I bought them right from the amazon listing you’re talking about. I was suspicious from the reviews. They were just poor fakes. Like the fake marine fades you can find on eBay from time to time, they just looked kind of like Frogskins but we’re clearly fake. I opened the box took one look and immediately sent them back that day.
I’m thinking it’s a seller that sells tons of Oakley’s, was rewarded “authorized seller” but amazon and got lazy at where they sourced their products from.