• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Star Wars

I loved it! I love every minute of this season. It just makes me smile. Sorry you was a bit disappointed bro :(
All good my friend, that’s the beauty of being fans we all don’t have to like the same things! Don’t get me wrong, there were parts of the episode I did enjoy. Danny Trejo as the rancor handler was really awesome. Also was a bummer that the Tuskens got slaughtered, I hope somehow the little kid Tusken and the other one that taught Boba had to fight with his “stick” survived.

SPOILERS

So episode 3 was by far my least favorite, without spoiling too much I just thought some parts were kind of weird, like his new "gang" that he's employing now.

Also what was with that speeder chase scene at the end? That had to be the slowest speeder chase I think I ever remember seeing in Star Wars. I'm curious if that was an artistic design decision or a budget constraint.

Seeing Boba get kicked around by Black Krrsantan in his underwear and then coming down to the throne room in his bath robe was pretty funny though.

Oh well, hope everyone else liked it, looking forward to next week!

Edit: Forgot to mention the cool homage to Ralph McQuarrie with one of his concept art pieces getting shown and then ultimately torn through in the speeder scene.

I hated episode 1, thought episode 2 was amazing, but i'm on the same level with you on episode 3 as far as having some issue with it.

most of episode 3 was fine. I just thought they were trying to be too hip or modern with some choices on the gang aesthetics. The moped swoops were way too colorful and shiny for anything on Tatooine . Cyperpunk is all the rage with teens I guess so they had to throw that in.

Episode 1 made Boba seem weak or a pushover and just did not fit the character for me. Episode 2 was more catered to legit star wars fans, episode 3 was like they were trying to hard to interest casual fans.

I had the same thought about budget constraints with this show so far. It was less noticeable in episode 2 with all the CGI it had, but It for sure is a lower budget than The Mandalorian.

I hated episode 1, thought episode 2 was amazing, but i'm on the same level with you on episode 3 as far as having some issue with it.

most of episode 3 was fine. I just thought they were trying to be too hip or modern with some choices on the gang aesthetics. The moped swoops were way too colorful and shiny for anything on Tatooine . Cyperpunk is all the rage with teens I guess so they had to throw that in.

Episode 1 made Boba seem weak or a pushover and just did not fit the character for me. Episode 2 was more catered to legit star wars fans, episode 3 was like they were trying to hard to interest casual fans.

I had the same thought about budget constraints with this show so far. It was less noticeable in episode 2 with all the CGI it had, but It for sure is a lower budget than The Mandalorian.
Yea I agree with your assessment, I think they were just reaching a bit to make it seem modern and appealing to more people. While I don't have an issue with this I think they could have done it in a better way. Also the show most likely doesn't have as high of a budget as Mando does 😕.

As far as Boba seeming weak, I had just assumed and attributed it to an effect of him being stuck in the Sarlacc pit and being beaten up by the Tuskens. We both know Boba is an absolute tank in legends and can hold his own against some of the most powerful people in Star Wars, unfortunately I don't think this is what they're making his character to be, at least in this show. Not sure how much bacta it would take to heal him fully lol, but maybe if it comes to that point he'll get back to being in peak shape.

All good my friend, that’s the beauty of being fans we all don’t have to like the same things! Don’t get me wrong, there were parts of the episode I did enjoy. Danny Trejo as the rancor handler was really awesome. Also was a bummer that the Tuskens got slaughtered, I hope somehow the little kid Tusken and the other one that taught Boba had to fight with his “stick” survived.
Can you believe Danny is almost 77?

Agreed with your assessment of 3. The different coloured moped things were awful!!! Although I loved the bit where they brought back the rancor!!

Agreed with your assessment of 3. The different coloured moped things were awful!!! Although I loved the bit where they brought back the rancor!!
the scooters made me think of these...
35c007847dda6693ded542860734307e.jpg

Back